real time web analytics
Report - - Staveley Chemical nee Staveley Coal and Iron co, Staveley 2006 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Staveley Chemical nee Staveley Coal and Iron co, Staveley 2006

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm posting this as a lesson to all explorers. If you find something epic and can't get in it, keep trying!

We spotted this place when heading back from the coal fields. It looked promising as it had a fine building sat in a field of rubble. After ditching the car in a lay by, we trudged across the rubble in the fading light and found a collection of odd little buildings surrounding a handsome 1920's office.

The surrounding buildings were open, and contained a selection of chemical related stuff including vintage suits and masks. In one room, the contents of a chemical themed library were dumped on shelves and in tea chests. These days we would be tipping the boxes over looking for epics but in those days it was just another derp filled with old stuff, just like they all were!

We walked round the offices and couldn't find a way in. We said we would check it next time we were in the area, never did and it was rubble the following year. Looking trough the windows it was full of labs and piles of stuff, and every time I pass by Staveley I think about the place and how pissed off I am we never made the effort to keep looking at it.

Don't do a Staveley Chemical folks, keep checking those sealed derps!

I do wonder if this was saved when the place was demolished...
Image2.jpgerr.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

I'd quite like to own this now!! I seem to recall it had the keys in it, but that may be something I've made up over time!
DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

Always nice to bump into an old friend :)
DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg