real time web analytics
Report - - Steel Factory - March 2014 - Sheffield (Loxley) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Steel Factory - March 2014 - Sheffield (Loxley)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Infinity

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Loxley Fire Brick factory

During the 1800s the Loxley Valley became an important producer of refractory bricks for the expanding Sheffield steel industry. The bricks were used to line the furnaces and were made from ganister, a sort of sandstone which was prevalent in the Loxley area. Many ganister mines existed in the area supplying the local firms of Thomas Wragg, Siddons Bros., Hepworths and Thomas Marshall which sprang up in the district and produced the bricks. Refractory production ceased in the area in the 1990s.

I hope you enjoy

IMG_4306_zpsaafc9a3a.jpg

IMG_4300_zpsf4c9b80b.jpg

IMG_4246_zpscd4de63e.jpg

IMG_4236_zps33f606bf.jpg

IMG_4233_zpsf9388f8c.jpg

IMG_4268_zpsaba67baa.jpg

IMG_4304_zps8ebf28fe.jpg

IMG_4294_zps5532664a.jpg

IMG_4288_zpsf93eacb8.jpg

IMG_4259_zps96a671e7.jpg

IMG_4271_zpsdfc40774.jpg

IMG_4265_zpsb10d82eb.jpg

IMG_4258_zpsf0b9ff5f.jpg

IMG_4253_zpsd509a4f0.jpg

IMG_4240_zps48a089e9.jpg

IMG_4235_zps014ed850.jpg

IMG_4243_zps35b1e32f.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Re: Steel Factory - March 2014 - Sheffield (Loxley) PIC HEAVY

Well that's one big long image :p:

Moved here so you can space the pics out & hopefully get some more info on the place.

Good effort on doing a spontaneous explore though. Keep it up mate :thumb

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member

Very nice mate - a good site and good pictures :cool Just the edit as GAJ has said and you're there

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User

Thanks for sorting

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice one, thought it was Demo at Dysons at first, i was looking for the chimney :)

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member

Great report! That looks an awful lot like like Dyson though, there are many similarities, the corrugated metal sheds, the graffiti is similar, also Dyson has a red bike just like that one too :) ... Or should I say... Had.

The Lone Shadow.

Infinity

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Great report! That looks an awful lot like like Dyson though, there are many similarities, the corrugated metal sheds, the graffiti is similar, also Dyson has a red bike just like that one too :) ... Or should I say... Had.

The Lone Shadow.

Thanks chaps, it's definitely not Dyson though, this place is absolutely huge!!!

J4M35_UK

MEDOTDOOTC
28DL Full Member

Despite being fucked, this place has a proper charm to it. Nice one.

Leeds(Ex)plorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

usually id say nah too fcuked but I actually could kill some time here

Nice one dude

AR_UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Out of curiosity is place still as it is there? I'm interested in doing a trip out tomorrow, maybe stop by check it out if anyone could pm me with information please (:?

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It"s a pity you couldn"t take the time to introduce yourself in the "New members" section before jumping straight in asking for information o_O especially as you joined 2 months ago you must know a few basic things about the Forum ? like not asking for access or location details on a public viewable Forum (even though the info is in front of you ).Er...........obviously not then my bad ;)

Do a bit of research it should take @ 15 seconds on Google or visit, just like everyone else does on here.

And maybe read some of the information directed at "New Members" especially the bits for those members seeming unable to wipe their own backsides :banghead

AR_UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It"s a pity you couldn"t take the time to introduce yourself in the "New members" section before jumping straight in asking for information o_O especially as you joined 2 months ago you must know a few basic things about the Forum ? like not asking for access or location details on a public viewable Forum (even though the info is in front of you ).Er...........obviously not then my bad ;)

Do a bit of research it should take @ 15 seconds on Google or visit, just like everyone else does on here.

And maybe read some of the information directed at "New Members" especially the bits for those members seeming unable to wipe their own backsides :banghead

Haha, I ain't no noob its just a new account, I've been exploring for a few years. Forgot my account login details, ended up making this one dude!
Went to see it, last Friday. Good little explore, about to upload a post on it.