real time web analytics
Report - - Steep Park House, Crowborough - August '10 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Steep Park House, Crowborough - August '10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DanielF50

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After a while of searching google, I was able to find the rough location of 'Potters' and found it pretty easily on google maps as it stood out like a sore thumb! I had a look, but couldn't seem to find an entrance, other than the dirt road leading to someone elses house, so I figured we'd work it out when we got there & bearing in mind this was my first proper explore, this was pretty daring :P

Overall, it took us about 2 hours to get down there & we parked up near another car, looked around and discovered the entrance pretty quickly, so started walking up there & found 5 other urbexers in the building, it really does seem that it's getting pretty popular!

Anyways, you probably all know a bit of the history of the building as it's been cover quite a lot in the past few months, but if you don't, rookinella did a brilliant report here, in which you can find all you need including some info on Muddy Fox's family link with the building! Very interesting stuff! (:

Bearing in mind we only spent 2 hours in the building, some of the shots aren't too good, it's huge! we could've easily spent another two in there, should've got up earlier :P

So here are the shots;

IMG_3478.jpg

Oh look! another Urbexer, The two people said they were from the outskirts of London, I wonder if they're on here :P
IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3561_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

The previous shot for those of you who don't like HDR (:
IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

I love this staircase, shame that pikeys have recently stolen the staircase poles, it used to be a spectacular staircase.
IMG_3543.jpg

A HDR of the previous shot
IMG_3549_50_51_tonemapped.jpg

More of the staircase & the fire damaged landing, there seems to be a basement under there, we didnt go down there though, looked a bit dangerous.
IMG_3570.jpg

The utility room
IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

The windows in this place are amazing, they're so grand.
IMG_3585.jpg

Liar.
IMG_3590_1_2_tonemapped.jpg

Very dirty windows, I love the colours though
IMG_3595.jpg

James Walford, the Owner of this beautiful building
IMG_3616.jpg

A bit of modelling :P
IMG_3619.jpg

The painting seems to be saying "My Armchair"
IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

At least the toilet looks happy...
IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

Some more of James Walford's work, it seems to have been trampled though...
IMG_3675.jpg

Happy Birthday
IMG_3683.jpg

The undying flower.
IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

Leaving the building, someone seems to have put that dress in the window while we were in there :/
IMG_3701.jpg

Sorry it's a bit long, I resized the images to 800 wide/high, uploaded them, then realised that they make the post huge!

Any comments are appreciated :]
Dan​

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details