real time web analytics
Report - - Stephensons. Bradford Feb 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stephensons. Bradford Feb 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was on my days off and I got a text from Dweeb wondering when I was off as he was off for the week and wouldn't mind coming up to rake around in derps and generally get away from working on his house. I was sick of wallpapering and I needed a break too so he came up the following day.
We had been in here a few years back but he had lost his pictures and I had forgotten my camera so we found a way in and had a good look round.

DSC_2600.jpg

Stephenson Group was formed in Bradford, Yorkshire, England in 1856 originally manufacturing soap based agents for the processing of wool, along with Furniture Wax and Polish products (Stephenson Furniture Polish) Up till the late 1960s Bradford was the hub for wool processing, however as the industry moved outside of the UK Stephenson Group diversified and opened up new markets with new chemistry and innovation.

1856 - Stephenson Bros formed in Bradford, Yorkshire, England in 1856 originally manufacturing soap based agents for the processing of wool, along with Furniture Wax and Polish products (Stephenson Furniture Polish)

1967 - Stephenson Bros acquire Thos Bentley & Son Ltd business continues.

1983 - Stephenson Bros Ltd purchase J C Thompson & Co Ltd textile chemical manufacturers, change the company name to Stephenson Group Ltd and form a new division called Stephenson Thompson Textile Chemicals.

1999 - Stephenson Group consults and advises on 'soap-making' for the film Fight Club.

It was definatly like the house Tyler Durden lived in :)

DSC_2576.jpg

With some of the chemical processing equipment in.

DSC_2590.jpg

DSC_2581.jpg

Filing cabinets,

DSC_2595.jpg

Stripped on most of the floors.

DSC_2596.jpg

DSC_2594.jpg

And a roof that is f00ked.Infact I am surprised the building is still stood.

DSC_2597.jpg

DSC_2598.jpg

It was a nice wander round and better than wallpapering. :)

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was in here a few months back and noticed how it has gone downhill still you made it look good with your pics nice work indeed. It was a shame to see the 1950s paperwork in such a damp and poor condition too when i was there. Still worth a wander though.

Mr Beady

Beards
28DL Full Member
Do like a brapfud mill. Never noticed that scaffolding thingy three pictures down when I went though