real time web analytics
Report - - Stewards Cottage & Sports and Social Club, Derbyshire - March 2019 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stewards Cottage & Sports and Social Club, Derbyshire - March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History - Not a lot of history on this one, only what I could piece together from documents and guesswork. Stewards Cottage and the accompanying barn look to have started life in the late 1700's or early 1800's as part of a farm. The sports and social club appears to be of 1940/50's construction and closed in January 2011. The land and buildings are currently being auctioned with the sale date being the end of March 2019. Planning permission is for demolition of the club, construction of four homes and renovation of the cottage.

Explore - I wasn't even aware this place existed. Spotted from the road on the way back from another explore. Had a quick look & was in.

The old farm house and barn as seen from the road

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (30).jpg

The house was pretty stripped and bare on the inside, but looks like it'll make a lovely home

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (5).jpg

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (12).jpg

The social club behind the cottage had more to offer

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (28).jpg

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (18).jpg

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (17).jpg

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (19).jpg

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (26).jpg

Big function room with an organ (complete with dead pigeon) and a pool table (definitely didn't have a play :p)

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (20).jpg

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (25).jpg

Stewards Cottage & Ambergate Social Club -  (22).jpg

Short & sweet, but can't complain for an unexpected drive-by explore :D

Last edited:

Claire1107

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Drove by this so many times, I think on the way too/from Oakhurst House... always wondered what was inside! Well done!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice find. Amazed there is no graffiti. Few interesting bits left behind. Never understood the leaving of instruments, I hate seeing instruments rot, probably due to my family being a musicians family. Gotta love a derp with bits in :thumb:cool:

Who has read this thread (Total: 294) View details