real time web analytics
Report - - Stewartby Brick Works - June 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stewartby Brick Works - June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bollard

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello. First post. Actually I'm a longtime lurker but wasn't willing to have the photos I've taken when they're associated with my username so this more anonymous handle is the one I'll be using.

Yes, this sitehas been well covered but I wanted to see it for myself and try and produce some shots I was happy with. My drone is in for repairs so I went armed with just a Nikon DSLR, tripod, filters. Novice error not taking a long sleeved shirt... All the images are 3-up bracketed HDR shots from a D500 using low ISO, long exposure, front curtain shutter to maximize sharpness B-) The forum didn't like the size of the image so I downsized a few I quite liked. They've lost some quality in the process.... but you get the idea.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Thanks for making the jump from lurker to poster! Your reports are very welcome, but there are just a couple of points to mention -

The HDR is a bit strong. We prefer images that don't look over processed, as it shows a truer representation of the place, and HDR is not to everyone's taste. I would suggest toning down the processing a little in the future, which will be more pleasing to the eye of many of our members.

Also, can you add the visit date (month and year) to the title.

Cheers

bollard

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello Andy. Happy to add the date. Can't edit the photos. Yes, the HDR livens things up but in these dark places it does help to produce an image without much of it being over/under exposed. I realise it's not to everyone's taste.

Last edited:

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Hello Andy.

Happy to add the date. Can't edit the photos. These are my photos and this is how they turned out. If you think they're not to folks' taste or will cause a flame war, that's fine - I'd prefer to not post at all. Even if I had the patience to go edit these photos, I don't feel it quite right to have that constraint placed upon me. Hope you understand. No hard feelings.

LMK what you prefer.
That's fair. Not asking for these to be edited at all, just advice for future posts :thumb

bollard

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My local explore this, pop in quite often.

@bollard are you local?

Fairly. This is about 45min North. I'm on the hunt for new locations so this was an obvious one. And it's awesome. There are still a couple of buildings I didn't do which means I'm certainly going back some time.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Fairly. This is about 45min North. I'm on the hunt for new locations so this was an obvious one. And it's awesome. There are still a couple of buildings I didn't do which means I'm certainly going back some time.

Fair play. Feel free to hit me up if you're local, I'm always happy to go here and there are a couple other places I frequently visit too.