real time web analytics
Report - - Steyning ROC 46 Post - 05/05/13 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Steyning ROC 46 Post - 05/05/13

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

IO390

28DL Member
28DL Member
My first ROC post... And my first explore!

Cycled from my home in Poynings, about 6 miles but was knackered by the time we got there. The compound is padlocked, and judging by the state of the lock it is used quite a bit. There was also a beehive next to it. Luckily it was devoid of bees. I suspect the owner placed it there as a deterrent/disguise. As the rest of the little compound is pretty overgrown, it simply looks like a little honey making thing.

Having never been in one before, I bought a load of tools including a crowbar just in case the lock was stiff. In the end, I just ended up putting a flat screwdriver in there, expecting to have to use some brute force. I just turned the screwdriver and it opened smooth as butter! Unfortunately, someone has evidently tried to prize the hatch open, at the hinge side. As a result, the hatch had a lip sticking up by about 1/2". This prevented the hatch from opening more than about 35 degrees. Being skinny I got in OK.

I was pleased to find it de-chavved and dry. I went with my friend who got the pictures. A few of the things have been missing since the photos taken by Jackal, Reef and Monk back in 2007 - the government issue bog roll is gone, as is the Glitto and a few other things. Luckily the paper (or what was left of it) remains. There has also been an invasion of snails, the floor is littered with broken snail shells. Unfortunately someone took all the photo paper out of the box and threw it around the entire place.

The condition is good and there is no real smell, it's just a bit musty. The timer still works (and no I didn't sit there playing with it... :rolleyes: ). We only took a small point and shoot camera so the pictures aren't amazing.

kjjchEk.jpg

hFKtEqv.jpg

WB4MkY5.jpg

Ladder shot

wQtBiPe.jpg

QgcIN2Z.jpg

mhIEDvt.jpg

Obligatory bog shot :)

5x12znQ.jpg

cA1U0CE.jpg

swc2MDP.jpg

About a billion snails in the vent :)

9o6iMUg.jpg

A piece of that photo paper stuff. It is all water damaged sadly. All the other pieces on the floor are pretty fucked.

Hg67IJ3.jpg

N3RMYY2.jpg

Lrx7TTW.jpg

QKCRoGd.jpg

kdMWam8.jpg

Ec57Jj8.jpg

0oRLDrP.jpg

cOGDGq9.jpg

qtYXCZf.jpg

Vpzl5qj.jpg

One of my college tutors was in the ROC. He was actually stationed here near the end of the ROC I think. He spends most lessons talking to me about the ROC and such :) Also, can anyone tell me what the polystyrene tiles on the walls and ceiling were for?

Exploringtheurbandecay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi there wicked post! I've been here a couple of times but never able to get entry.. The lock you was talking about is that the one in the door it's self? As theres no padlocks insight atm.
Thanks Shane