real time web analytics
Report - - Stillingfleet colliery 29/03/09 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stillingfleet colliery 29/03/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As yesterday was the better of the two days Zerocool and I though lets hit Wistow mine as we havent done it in over a year and as we ( i:e me. Oopsy :eek: ) set the alarm off last time we didnt get all the pictures we wanted, anyhow we got there with nice blue sky ready for a days exploring until we saw people working on the ajoining house so Zerocool said "lets ask them as a permission visit will be easier" we met some fat dude there and asked to which he promptly told us to piss off and if we went in security would arrest us!!! Woooooo scary biscuits :D.
So realizing that there were other mines in the Selby district that we havent done before and odds on tons of fun will be having security on speed dial we went a couple of miles up the road and did Stillingfleet which is part of the same complex and neither of us have done it before and we werent disappointed.

073-2.jpg

066-2.jpg

060.jpg

005-15.jpg

We found a large shed that was used by maintenence by the look of it and it was very similar to the Wistow one with the crazy internall roof boards.

007-8.jpg

Loads of old equipment in there.

011-13.jpg

013-7.jpg

021-9.jpg

And still bad feeling towards others 25 years on after the strikes.

017-8.jpg

We then got across to the safety officers room.

047-3.jpg

Nice and tidy it was too :D

058-2.jpg

036-6.jpg

053-5.jpg

This place has a methane exctraction and combustion site to draw all the methane out of the workings below and dispose of it safely.

044-3.jpg

As you see they are well prepared in case of fire :D

045-4.jpg

Weighbridge still works too. Zerocool stood on it while I took the shot (fat little knacker) :p

067-1.jpg

On the whole we thought it was better than Wistow so thanks fat boy for disuading us from going there as we wouldnt have gone here :thumb

Zerocool will add some of his soon.