real time web analytics
Report - - Stooges visit Guard Booth State Hospital...Mid Coast USA Sept 2012 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stooges visit Guard Booth State Hospital...Mid Coast USA Sept 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CaptainJack

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Words here by my partner Moss Man,,pics by Captain Jack, Moss, and Yaggy

The Stooges pus and new friend Yaggy had a fine explore of this hospital. Its an active campus with abandoned building, the one we where interested in is attached to an active one, We drove on campus and found a safe place to park We hadn't been on foot 3 minutes when a State cruiser rounds the bend and drives right towards us,we each have a bag and tripod. I think all 3 of us thought we were nabbed...I know I did. Low and behold, the cop pays us no attention and he drives right past! In another 3 minutes we breached a basement window and slipped into the interior bowels and safety from the poe poe's prying eyes.

After a few dead ends in the dark tunnels, we emerged into a courtyard that opened the door to more choices and in pure Stooge fashion, we found our way. The primary target was the main complex which is still active in the center, but long abandoned on each end wing. We hit several secondary buildings which were quite fascinating and then hit the tunnels leading towards the main building, we were hoping to get into the first wing we came to, but never saw one single stairway leading upwards.

As we went along, the tunnels got smaller and smaller. In the distance we could hear the familiar sound of a steam leak. As we made our way towards the leak the steam started to be ever present in the narrowing tunnel. I have never been spooked in a tunnel, swear to God. This tunnel was a different animal, the steam got so thick you could not see 1 foot in front of you and the noise of the steam leak became deafening. When we came to the point where the leak was a discussion broke out about the dangers of live high pressure steam leaks and their potential to cut or scald you. Our fearless leader(Yaggy) went straight into the unknown and quickly returned to say we could get past. Jesus, the dense steam and the roar of the leak, I thought we had traveled into the upper boundary of hell. Once past the steam, we immediately came under the active section, all clean and modern looking......as though a maintenance worker could round the corner at any moment. Once clear of that danger, we were again safely in the tunnel under the roadside wing of the main complex.

yaggy02.jpg

A system in place to protect the place;
PhillyCarnage3001.jpg

A couple incidental things left behind;
PhillyCarnage3014.jpg

tn15.jpg

PhillyCarnage3006.jpg

A complete floor in this building stored mob evidence from decades past;
PhillyCarnage3011.jpg

PhillyCarnage3010.jpg

PhillyCarnage3012.jpg

Have you taken your medicine today Mr. Crosby?:
yaggy03.jpg

Services Rendered;
tn04.jpg

tn17.jpg

tn05.jpg

Now, go clean up;
tn07.jpg

He sat and stared for days on end, to the point where we wondered if his mind had escaped and left his broken body behind;
tn08.jpg

One poor asbestos abatement worker fell asleap and got locked in at the end of the job, fucker just vanished;
PhillyCarnage3009.jpg

Typical living arrangements;
PhillyCarnage3005.jpg

PhillyCarnage3008.jpg

PhillyCarnage3003.jpg

Yaggy and the Captain working the angles;
PhillyCarnage3018.jpg

PhillyCarnage3013.jpg

Pay attention;
PhillyCarnage3007.jpg

yaggy05.jpg

The crew, taking a break after the tunnel from hell;