real time web analytics
Report - - stoopatron , sheffield ,meersbrook | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - stoopatron , sheffield ,meersbrook

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
been on the to do list for a while this one , the hardest part was getting to the start point having to wade through the river but once we got going it proved to be a good explore ( apart from the stoopy sections clue is in the thread title i guess )

at the entrance and looking back then looking forward

moving on a bit further we came to a large manhole

reminded me of a mini decepticon manhole ! the shape of the culvert now changed to concrete box section this went on a long time
the first flight of stairs loved these it was like a flooded subway :cool:

my favourite part looking back down the stairs

more box section it was longer than i was expecting

change to rcp slippery as hell

another flight of steps welcome relief from the rcp pipe

more rcp then another flight of steps

another flight of steps enjoyed these, made the drain different to others and gave it character

change to brickwork

bit rougher underfoot now approaching the end now last section

and out

getting back to the start point was a bit of a farce the pipe finishes at the back of peoples gardens and wasnt easy to get back on to the road ended walking further upstream then finding an exit , on the whole a very good explore loved the staircases thanks for watching :thumb

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Nice to see again. I really enjoyed this and have been meaning to go back. Head on further upstream and you get to Xenomorph, which is small but pretty!

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
We came at this in the river downstream the first time in fast flow after recent rain, which proved a no go, and reappraoched from the other side.

Your pictures look better on this one, looks as though you've been having a play with the lighting.

Lots of rain right now putting a downer on any draining!

Me and Tarky explored and turned up loads of the new stuff during the winter '17.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
We came at this in the river downstream the first time in fast flow after recent rain, which proved a no go, and reappraoched from the other side.

Your pictures look better on this one, looks as though you've been having a play with the lighting.

Lots of rain right now putting a downer on any draining!

Me and Tarky explored and turned up loads of the new stuff during the winter '17.
thanks eric only using a digital camera but got better torches now ,something i need more practise with is photography