Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Storm Drain - Prittlewell Brook, Belfairs, Essex | Leads, Rumours and News... | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Storm Drain - Prittlewell Brook, Belfairs, Essex

DE-eVOLVED SS3

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They put a nasty spiked fence up 7/8 years ago. I'm in the belief all tunnels running off prittlebrook including alotments are flood relief, i stumbled across a survey map for where the tunnels were proposed to be. Well interested in this war room if any info out there. Got a report coming on King Henry's tunnel from Fambridge to the Anne boleyn, spoke to a few property owners around the location and its believed to not be a myth ........
From what Ive heard ..the Prittle tunnel is rumoured to have a secret room, and the tunnel 'could' lead via or under Priory Park and partially de bunks the Council and park attendants and groundsmen/women claims that no tunnels exist under priory park ..

The war room is supposed to lay somewhere under Alexander st in Southend.. and there is said to be a tunnel link with POW camp/site with arm and leg shackles on the tunnel wall..

I am still doing research on this at the moment....

lpphevs

Wasteland Wanderer
28DL Full Member
They put a nasty spiked fence up 7/8 years ago. I'm in the belief all tunnels running off prittlebrook including alotments are flood relief, i stumbled across a survey map for where the tunnels were proposed to be. Well interested in this war room if any info out there. Got a report coming on King Henry's tunnel from Fambridge to the Anne boleyn, spoke to a few property owners around the location and its believed to not be a myth ........
Ah I see, so it would have run off from the brook out to the Thames. I was actually wanting to walk the length of the prittle brook in the brook itself at somepoint, that might help spot any gems along the way.

Ooh that King Henry's tunnel sounds like a real gem of a find, kudos for chasing that up. Look forward to seeing that bigtime :) There were always a lot of rumours about tunnels in SE Essex as a kid, many about smugglers tunnels on Canvey but given the marshy terrain I'm sceptical. Not much tunnelage in Essex, so anything would be amazing

lpphevs

Wasteland Wanderer
28DL Full Member
From what Ive heard ..the Prittle tunnel is rumoured to have a secret room, and the tunnel 'could' lead via or under Priory Park and partially de bunks the Council and park attendants and groundsmen/women claims that no tunnels exist under priory park ..

The war room is supposed to lay somewhere under Alexander st in Southend.. and there is said to be a tunnel link with POW camp/site with arm and leg shackles on the tunnel wall..

I am still doing research on this at the moment....
Interesting stuff. Sounds like it could be quite far fetched but you really never know, worth finding out. I can't imagine many POW camps would've had tunnels plus if they connected to a drain you wouldn't think it would be designed for human usage. But there's no smoke without a fire as they say... even if the truth is a bit different it could still be something cool

lpphevs

Wasteland Wanderer
28DL Full Member
Checked it out at the weekend although didn’t enter the compound as I wasn’t prepared and only stopped by. It’s possible it enters some kind of big offshoot tunnel as the sign suggest. It’s parallel to the prittle Brook but not the Brook itself. One could fairly easily climb down into the drain and walk up to see if there’s a big tunnel or not, but whether it’s accessible and not grated I don’t know. Here’s pics:

Catacomber

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I should have done a report on it really. Be prepared to get wet at least. I wasn't sure we were allowed to put actual locations on here? This photo should answer your question. The black line is the exact path of the tunnel, it goes quite far along the beach. Always wondered that it went straight under the barclays bank in leigh, get the core drills out!. If your gonna do it don't do it alone and do yourself a favour time it an hour ish from when you start that the tide will be right out, don't want to walk all that way to be stopped by sea water. Done a load of research on this if you need any more info.....

Attachments

DE-eVOLVED SS3

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I looked on Earth trying to locate the Manchester Drive entrance ...but the allotments are ALOT bigger than I expected...