real time web analytics
Report - - Storm Relief Mine, North Kent - Nov 2014 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Storm Relief Mine, North Kent - Nov 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
Re: Storm Relief Mine - North Kent - Nov 2014

Absolutely amazing, mate! I'd love to have a butchers at this :thumb Nice to see you back on it!

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User

again, thanks for the comments guys, its good to be back out and about after missing the whole summer haha.

captainweird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Amazing, great pictures. Is it just me, or do a lot of those tunnel entrances look like a lady's bits? (fnaar, fnaar)

Phil

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User

I have heard that the powers that be are planning to secure the access to this place soon....I would recommend that anyone wishing to visit gets down there sooner rather than later :thumb

monk

mature
28DL Full Member

Fair play mate, looks a cracker.

wetleg

28DL Member
28DL Member

Nice to see some pics of this place I didn't really get a chance to get some when I was down there 3 months ago
BTW did you happen to see any of my tea candles I dropped down here?

FreeCandy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

4th pic down on the right on the wall. "wetleg 2014". Was a good explore, very thin air down there. Wouldn't particularly say it's in an active area, just middle of a road in a posh (as far as dartford goes) housing estate. Oh the irony of the "Neighbourhood watch" sign just by the entrance.

And yeah, somebody posted a load of pics to the undergroundkent Facebook page. That's pretty much saying "we found this so you must send KURG to seal it quick"

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User

Please take the time to read this report which clearly states that to the best of our knowledge no-one ha decently visited the site. I will be honest I did not see the carving on the wall. Shame you feel the need to carve silly names into the walls and I have been told by members of KURG that the reason they plan to seal it is due to a member of your group fainting and requiring to be rescued. KURG have a duty to keep people out of these places if they feel anyone could come to any harm. Well done for finding it and taking a look. Would have been nice if you could have shared it with the community as it doesn't appear you have shared much on here.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Remarkable how stable the chalk is, considering size of the tunnels and how soft chalk is, maybe because it was pick-axed out it saves the rock from all the fracturing and cracking that can occur with drilling and blasting of harder rock, there are mines in much harder rocks that are literally falling to pieces. I'd heard of this place but seem to recall reading that it had a locked entrance.