real time web analytics
Report - - Storthes Hall (huddersfield) Asylum- 06/01/2008 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Storthes Hall (huddersfield) Asylum- 06/01/2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ERNIE99_UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all, this is my first official urbex, visited with my friend si.

I last went to storthes hall over a year ago, and it seems to have deteriorated considerably from the last time i saw it.

The site has the main admin block, mortuary building and a classroom building (the latter being half burnt down).

Anyway, heres the pics: :thumb

main administration building, a security portacabin has appeared outside, not sure if it was occupied.
055.jpg

The clock tower
068.jpg

The rear of the building, where the corridors used to lead off.
064.jpg

amongst the rubble onsite were remnants of the mosaic floors.
063.jpg

local building materials
069.jpg

inside one of the corridors, lots of chav damage and holes in the floor:eek:
070.jpg

student graffiti in one of the rooms
074.jpg

fire panel, which had the wards listed on it
078.jpg

art noveau tiling
081.jpg

staircase, there was one either end, of which one was torched
080.jpg

the throne at the top of the stairs, another flight of stairs led up but it looked dangerous and was blocked off by two watertanks for the cabin outside.
085.jpg

doorway to oblivion and incarceration
088.jpg

main entrance
077.jpg

fire panel closeup
086.jpg

Hope you enjoy them, its a shame to see a fine building like this go to waste.
I hope the 60 bed retirement home plans happen soon before it goes beyond saving.

ERNIE99_UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
More pics:

Mortuary, boarded up and inaccessible:

092.jpg

a skylight in the mortuary, took through a broken window:
089.jpg

the surviving classroom building, the other behind it was torched,, chavs:mad:
091.jpg

KarenClarkson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm visiting the clock tower tomorrow with permission from security. Hopefully I'll be able to see the other buildings too

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So the old Bastards finally mellowed has he ?? Talk about a jobsworth Twat :wanker

I suppose that"s what you get for living in a static Caravan guarding a burnt out pile of :turd for 8 odd years

Look forward to the pics......and welcome ;)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
He was abusive and threatening to a local woman i met on site, who walked up with me to talk to him as she was also interested in having a look inside if possible.
Didn"t say fuck all to me the Wanker, took the easy target & then he tried to get his Alsation to attack us. I was stoking the fucking soft thing at the time......choice words were directed his way regarding his aggressive attitude towards the Woman and we left.

Only time i"ve met some Secca like Emlyn ......who actually deserves Twatting

KarenClarkson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
OK keeping the thread civil here. I never had an issue with the guy. We weren't allowed inside the building....it's unsafe and looks it. HOWEVER he has said we are welcome to go back again on a night time. He was polite to myself and my daughter and was happy to tell us of strange goings on he has encountered.
Here are the photos I managed to take of the clock tower