Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Strange cottage - checkendon | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Strange cottage - checkendon

Silentexplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Has anyone heard or been to this little place near reading or even know what it used to be? Drove past this the other day and cant seem to find anything on it. Place is sealed up and no access at the moment. Can anyone shed some light ?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
A little bit more context of the location is needed, where near Reading is a good start.

From the look of the large rectangular patch of darker paint on the front that would perhaps mean a sign used to hang there, potentially a pub sign.

Silentexplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have updated where abouts this is now. I thought it could of been a pub but speaking to locals it was also a school. Cant find anything on its history what's so ever. :(

Silentexplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks guys I dont know why but nothing was coming up when searching for it. Really want to get in here it's a shame its sealed up

Rebex

28DL Member
28DL Member
Found this on our way to see the Polish settlement and stopped to look and spoke to the locals and as everyone says it’s a former pub. Apparently the back section has planning permission but the pub building is listed because of the thatch and i am sure some other reasons. They speculated they were hoping it just fell down! When we peaked through the window it looked like someone was doing some work but it could have been there any amount of time.

Vicky83

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was the landlady here and left in June 2013 after pouring a lot of our own funds in to updating and making it the beautiful country pub it deserved to be. Sadly with lack of support from locals and the brewery we has no option but to cut our losses. Sadly it was closed shortly after and had falling in to disrepair. Very sad to see