Web
Analytics
Question - - Stratford, Old Town Hall Building? | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Question - Stratford, Old Town Hall Building?

SpaceGypsy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey everyone,

Quick question, does anybody know anything about an abandoned building in Stratford?
It's located almost adjacent to the Town Hall (opposite of the station/old shopping centre), located in West Ham lane. Right next to the station. I believe it's the Old Town Hall. Really not sure.

I walked past it the other day, it looked completely abandoned, some windows were boarded up and there was sign saying "Keep out" (which I took as an invitation). There is a fence around it as well, hence I couldn't really see much.

Any leads/ideas would be super helpful. Cheers. :)

slayaaaa

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Steatford, London I presume?

I think i know the one you mean, worth a closer look definitely, might be a building site though as I think it's being redeveloped. Just forgot about it myself. Go for it if yo7 can, would defo be interested in seeing it. :thumb

Either that or it'll probably be the Sync theatre, it's stupidly well guarded for reasons unknown to me.

SpaceGypsy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, London that's right!
I really want to have a look but I just have no idea what that place is, and I can't find ANY info. Also I'm too much of a chicken to go by myself :p

Deffo not Sync theater!Wait, is Sync theater abandoned...??

SpaceGypsy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm presuming you've been inside?

SpaceGypsy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live just down the road from it actually...hmmmm :rolleyes:

SpaceGypsy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yo. Update. So it's definitely abandoned. I stood outside for about 10 minutes outside of it today in the morning, no signs of builders or security.
But I did see something that kinda freaked me out. There was an open broken window that kind of leads to the roof a couple of feet below, and I saw something very big and black leap up from the roof and jump straight through the window. :confused::eek: Scared the sh*t out of me!! it definitely wasn't a cat, it was just a shape I saw from the corner of my eye. So...I'm being a total pussy and I don't want to check it out alone. Does anybody want to come and check it out with me?
Besides, I don't own a decent camera...

PLEASE! :Not Worthy I'm dying to see what's inside

SpaceGypsy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also there's a tree growing out of a window, how the hell has nobody on 28DL spotted it before??

SpaceGypsy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also I can't seem to find any record of that building online which is intriguing.