Web
Analytics
Report - - Strawbridge house. Okehampton-devon (early July visit) | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Strawbridge house. Okehampton-devon (early July visit)

Rollasix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Strawbridge house has so much character and I'm sure some happy memories for someone. For those of you that have done this one you're the lucky ones as it's stunning, for those that haven't unfortunately it's too late as the house now has security. Luckily we managed to have a good look round before the security guard came. (Think they have sensors)
For me explores are so much better when they have furniture and personal belongings, makes the house more alive, and this house lived up to that expectation. First room we hit was the kitchen this just set it off for the whole house by the time warp it was stuck in. The furniture was from a mix of eras, put all so beautiful (not like the mass produced stuff we have now days) interesting old place, alot bigger than expected. Lost count of how many rooms- with its never ending maze of doors.
I love this house so much I would move in today if I could! :) I hope my photos do it justice so you can all catch a glimpse of the beautiful house that is strawbridge.
IMG_20180713_132851.jpg
IMG_20180713_132951.jpg
IMG_20180713_133555.jpg
IMG_20180713_133712.jpg
Snapchat-96222170.jpg
Snapchat-300710401.jpg
Snapchat-2078504064.jpg
Snapchat-337021980.jpg
Snapchat-438794337.jpg
Snapchat-1834247911.jpg
Snapchat-165904432.jpg
Snapchat-950636477.jpg
Snapchat-660668199.jpg
Snapchat-656029302.jpg
Snapchat-333031531.jpg
Snapchat-2100902280.jpg
Snapchat-2090281582.jpg
Snapchat-1253474838.jpg
Snapchat-641518674.jpg
Snapchat-610513415.jpg

Snapchat-458003090.jpg
Snapchat-186066156.jpg
Snapchat-155019137.jpg
Snapchat-1243928539.jpg

Snapchat-788140892.jpg

Simon Pykett

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That is stunning - great post - out of interest, where in Devon is this? I'm in Plymouth and I'd happily take my drone over there - either that or very politely ask security if they'd let me in. I've found that being nice about having an innocent potter about is the best policy. It's really nice to see such an old place without smashed windows, holes in the wall, modern litter, disposable BBQ's and graffiti everywhere. Christ knows why people do that. They really spoil exploring for the real geeks. Great post.

Rollasix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That is stunning - great post - out of interest, where in Devon is this? I'm in Plymouth and I'd happily take my drone over there - either that or very politely ask security if they'd let me in. I've found that being nice about having an innocent potter about is the best policy. It's really nice to see such an old place without smashed windows, holes in the wall, modern litter, disposable BBQ's and graffiti everywhere. Christ knows why people do that. They really spoil exploring for the real geeks. Great post.
I totally agree with you being polite and asking the security sometimes helps! It's located in a place called okehampton, you should be able to find a postcode online somewhere. I was just a passenger so couldn't really tell you how we got there :p a drone view would be amazing, let me know if you manage it would love to see photos!

Gasman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited here and a guy cutting the trees in the grounds told me go clear off and said if he catches anyone inside he will shoot them!

Adzitude

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh no, another post that's gonna attract attention of the owner :/

eddsup

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You’ll be lucky. The owner has put a lot of security here now, hidden cameras etc. He has even had a rant and commented on previous reports, one of the being my report of the house. Also since then, people have been and chased away, one person was blocked in by the owners and police called but they got away

musley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Houses are my faves, if only it could talk, all that past history of peoples lives, fascinating, thanks.

mpearson114

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Amazing! I wonder on every single one of these posts (where the occupants have clearly just left).... why? and how did it just end up being left?

I'd love to know some stories!

(Have any previous house owners ever commented on a post on here?)

eddsup

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Amazing! I wonder on every single one of these posts (where the occupants have clearly just left).... why? and how did it just end up being left?

I'd love to know some stories!

(Have any previous house owners ever commented on a post on here?)
Yes they have. If you look at my post for Strawbridge House the owners commented quite angry. They have recently set up cameras and motion sensors etc so there is no access. Last people I know went had police called but they got away.

mpearson114

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes they have. If you look at my post for Strawbridge House the owners commented quite angry. They have recently set up cameras and motion sensors etc so there is no access. Last people I know went had police called but they got away.

I've just read it now. if I had that house left to me (assuming that's the case) I'd be straight in there!

Cheers eddsup!

Exploringchick

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It’s a beautiful house, glad me and my mates managed to get in and look before security and what not. Let’s hooe the owner brings it back to life. Such a shame to see it left

Storm_Force

Exploring...
28DL Full Member
This is very close by to me probably about 1/4 mile away, it has been abandoned for as long as I can remember. If the weather is decent over the weekend I will get some drone pics done.

Last edited: