real time web analytics
Report - - Submarine S518 Nazario Sauro | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Submarine S518 Nazario Sauro

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
This was a permission/open visit, after scouting out a few locations in Italy for next week I walked past this Submarine on the way back and though I'd take a look, more a test for the camera, most shots were taken in ISO6400 without flash and not received any noise reduction, I was happy.

Not a report as such but I thought it looked pretty spectacular inside so I thought I'd share some pictures for anybody interested.

Fetid pit if you think otherwise :)

The S 518 Nazario Sauro, the largest Italian submarine on water is based in Genoa, Italy

The submarine S518 Nazario Sauro, built in the ship yards of Fincantieri in Monfalcone, was launched in 1976 and became operative in 1980. It was operative until 2002, when the war flag was hauled down and it remained available to the Armed Forces until 7th June 2005, when it was put out of service.

With a length of 63.8 metres, width of 6.8 metres, a load displacement of 1460 tons on surface, the submarine was able to reach a maximum speed of 12 knots on the surface and 20 knots underwater, at maximum 300 metres of depth.

It is the first example of boats of the “Sauro” class, constituted by 8 units of 4 series, built up to 1993: the S 518 Nazario Sauro was part of the first. The 4 boats of the last two series, modernized at the end of the ‘90s, are still part of the fleet of the Marina Militare (Italian Navy) that, with the delivery of the two units of the “Todaro” class in 2006 and 2007, is constituted by 6 submarines.

DSC_3963.jpg

DSC_3926.jpg

Battery Control Station

DSC_3929.jpg

Hatch Control

DSC_3940.jpg

Radar/Sonar Control desk

DSC_3946.jpg

Asdic Listener Comms

DSC_3947.jpg

Divemasters Station

DSC_3953.jpg