real time web analytics
Report - - Sudbury/Clare/Hartest/Langham/Lavenham ROC Posts- Essex Group | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sudbury/Clare/Hartest/Langham/Lavenham ROC Posts- Essex Group

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Went on a bit of a ROC marathon the other day. Was only ment to go check out one but id printed off the details for loads more so ended up doing 5!

Sudbury

First one i checked was sudbury as its my local. Found it relly easly but it was locked with 2 huge padlocks. They
were rusted solid an id put money on being locked since it closed in 91. Planning to go back and ask the
nearby farm if they own it and if i can cut the locks!

Lavenham

Next went up the road to lavenham. Sub brit said it was sealed but in the 10 or so years since their visit someone has been along and ripped off the hatch and it was half full with water :/ I climbed down the ladder as far as i could and had a look but there was only one single bed left so i didnt bother with pics!

Hartest

Hartest was much more promising. It has a weird kind of hatch on it which needs a square tape of key. I think it must have been replaced at some point as its not a standard ROC one. The hatch has a removable cap over the lock which is supposed to have 2 padlocks on but insted there were just bolts through the holes! The bolts had been painted over at some point and the majority of this paint had flaked off again suggesting no one had been down in quite a few years!

The post its self is fairly sparse but in ok nick. Most interesting thing was the 'body splint'

DSCF6136.jpg

DSCF6144.jpg

DSCF6149.jpg

DSCF6153.jpg

Clare

Next, down the road a little way to clare. This was fooking hard to find! id allready been to look for it before and failed so this time i took a print off of the sub-brit page with me and in the end found it under a huge mound of brambles! (not on the sub brit pic from 10 years ago!!) After hacking through the brambles it was pretty easy. The hatch lock had rusted through so it just sprang open. Was pretty mint inside with loads of stuff. 'Goverment Property' bog roll being the coolest :D ! Signed the visiters book aswell, " 'Speed' of 28dayslater.co.uk ", there had been 6 visiters since it closed. A cirtan 'Mr. N. Catford' being the 1st!

DSCF6202.jpg

DSCF6204.jpg

DSCF6218.jpg

DSCF6235.jpg

DSCF6241.jpg

DSCF6243.jpg

DSCF6250.jpg

DSCF6210.jpg

DSCF6256.jpg

DSCF6208.jpg

Langham

Last on the list was langham on my way back from Ethers. This one was mint too and again wide open! coolest thing was probably the retro chairs and the working clockwork light switch timer. There was more stuff than Clare but no visiters book despite the sign! :/

DSCF6162.jpg

DSCF6164.jpg

DSCF6167.jpg

DSCF6173.jpg

DSCF6175.jpg

DSCF6180.jpg

DSCF6182.jpg

DSCF6186.jpg

DSCF6191-1.jpg

They are surprisingly interesting for such a small room