real time web analytics
Report - - Sunnymede Primary School, Southport - February 2016 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sunnymede Primary School, Southport - February 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

George CLIFF

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I too am a former pupil of the school, I was there between 1979 and 1984. It's a shame to see the building so derelict, seeing the pictures reminds me of many things there. If I may, I can tell you what many of them correspond to. The long hall which has windows on one side and the stage at the back was the dining hall, and was also where we used to sit our exams. There used to be an outside swimming pool next to it. The little tower at the front of the building with two storeys housed on the ground floor the headmaster's study, on the first floor the staff room and on the second floor the music room. I remember playing that piano well! At the back of the stage was the library. The corridor leading to the wooden building at the back was the way to the first residence of the headmaster, when Alan Pattinson was in charge. He later had the other house built which is across the carpark (as was), and the room became used as a maths room. It was also where the school stationery shop was. Most of the senior classes took place on the ground floor of the main building, with the exception of science, French and senior maths. The junior school was upstairs and bordered the large landing at the top of the main staircase. Hope this is useful to you.