real time web analytics
Report - - Sunnyside Royal Hospital, Montrose - April 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sunnyside Royal Hospital, Montrose - April 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Great pics @Idle Hands .

It's so worth it this one!

Sunnyside was the most recent out-of-town one I made an effort for (about 5 weeks ago in fact) so I'll chuck a few pictures through.

I for one did not find the mortuary in fact! But I took some time over the outer buildings.

The modern-ish occupational therapy wings are a bit minging, they've decayed very fast inside. There are a lot of mouldy mattresses and beds on the top floor. The only truly likeable room in either of the wings is:

dsc01128_orig.jpg

Did anyone go in Booth House/Day hospital? Never seem to see pictures from it. It was void of furniture but lovely architecture and decor of course. Built-in Welsh dressers in pretty much every room on the upper two floors, and some nice vintage carpet. Nothing amazing or photo worthy though, and underwhelming compared to the main building. Northesk villa was a pain to get into and didn't really deliver.

The infirmary is probably the most interesting outer building. It's sinking into its foundations a bit and hence the floor is like a wavy road. The dormitories are really incredible were the only parts of the outer buildings that competed with what the main building offered imo.

dsc01157.jpeg

The size of the industrial wing was great too. Waiting for someone on here who likes high stuff to climb to the top of the incinerator too, there's a ladder all the way to the top. I didn't fancy it...

dsc01097_orig.jpg

Montrose is a lovely town to stay in for the night too ;)!

IMG_4105.JPG

Cheers
Olkka

Idle Hands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Olkka - thanks for that mate, all nice to see!

Booth House et al were all well sealed unless you're Spiderman (I'm not, sadly). Interesting to hear about the infirmary sinking though as that's one building that is being saved.

Montrose did seem nice enough - we stopped for lunch in a dated golf hotel that served an awful cup of coffee, but the food was very nice!

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Haha yeah, I looked in to staying at that hotel cus we wanted to have a night time piss up on the beach and it was nearby. But we went for a BnB instead.

Booth House and Northesk were both a bit of a Spiderman job yeah - also both cut up my hands and tore my coat :banghead. Main building is 95%+ of what's worth seeing for sure.

Ricko30224537

28DL Member
28DL Member
I used to deliver in there right up till the day it closes and transferred everything to stracathro. For the last year it was only the kitchens that were open with 14 catering staff making meals and sending them out via road to stracathro as they didn’t have a kitchen

Idle Hands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I used to deliver in there right up till the day it closes and transferred everything to stracathro. For the last year it was only the kitchens that were open with 14 catering staff making meals and sending them out via road to stracathro as they didn’t have a kitchen

Thanks for that - always like to hear stories like this to build up a picture :thumb