real time web analytics
Report - - Sunnyside Royal Hospital, Montrose - May 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sunnyside Royal Hospital, Montrose - May 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Nice Baggy, did you happen to encounter three lads with a film kit there?

Ronster84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Popped over here tonight. It’s really taken a battering hasn’t it, place is getting trashed by ‘explorers’. Was in there for a good couple of hours, the wind is howling tonight so plenty of doors banging and whistling winds keeping you guessing. A few times we were sure we heard voices... and then we bumped into a couple explorers who’d found the same entry point as us. After bidding them farewell, we went to exit the same point we came in, only to be met by a couple of security goons who seemed annoyed that we’d ‘removed the boards they replaced 10 minutes ago’. We hadn’t done any such thing, so the two fellas inside must have removed them, and the fella was extremely pissed about it. Said he's constantly having to replace them, and asked us to wait for the police. Not sure he had actually called them, but regardless we left. The guy got quite aggressive, so the police would have been interesting as we hadn’t broke any laws, but got the feeling the security was about to. Looked like a budget father/son security setup, but made us jump when he appeared at our exit point.

Unsure if the two guys inside got caught up with. Hope not, seemed decent blokes and none of us were causing any harm. By the look of the place, the vandals will have destroyed it long before any hotel plans come to fruition. A shame to see.

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Yep, Sunnyside is a big tourist hotspot and will be til it goes next year or so. Security was so lax for the past year but obviously they're making a lot more effort now, although they just can't control the influx of visitors. The scene will continue like you described it for many months and I can't imagine there won't be a continuous entry point. Oh well, Montrose local economy getting a nice injection either way, let's this about local Scottish livelihoods on the up side.

Ronster84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If they had any sense they’d open it up for tours and charge a fee, as long as folk signed a ‘non liability’ disclaimer. Problem is there’s now not a window that hasn’t been smashed or sink that’s been destroyed. The whole place is rotting too, with a bath actually coming through one of the ceilings due to so much damp.

Articles like the one above will only serve to feed the frenzy. Tonight we expected to meet someone after reading a lot of the posts about it being a hotspot, and sure enough we bumped into a couple blokes before too long.

Problem is that these folk draw in the security and ruin it for those of us who want to capture history and not just wreck the place.

I was at stratheden a couple weeks back and although on paper Sunnyside should be the better explore, in reality it’s the other way about as stratheden is (relatively) untouched.

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
I was at stratheden a couple weeks back and although on paper Sunnyside should be the better explore, in reality it’s the other way about as stratheden is (relatively) untouched.

Stratheden was always better, though I could never put my finger on why!

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Ha I'd love to see this bath falling through in all honesty.

You should get over to Ireland for asylums that are not rattled by human presence Ron.