real time web analytics
Report - - Sunrise Medical, Stourbridge, December 2012. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sunrise Medical, Stourbridge, December 2012.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Voibmi

Infiltrating since '04
28DL Full Member

- Sunrise Medical -

It's quite a large factory with factory floor areas, several office blocks, as well as the front main office building.

It's worth a look but watch out for asbestos :banghead.

1.jpg

The History...

Sunrise Medical is one of the world's largest manufacturers in the development, design, manufacture and distribution of homecare and extended care products of manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, motorized scooters and both standard and customized seating and positioning systems..

Founded in 1983, the Sunrise family of products has been built from many of the most popular brands in the home care industry including Quickie, Sopur, Zippie, Breezy, Jay, Sterling and Coopers.

Sunrise operates manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom, Mexico, United States, Germany, and Spain. Our products are distributed to suppliers through dedicated sales organisations and distributors in over 90 countries worldwide.

Photos...

Factory Floors.
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Wondering up stairs not knowing what I'm going to find...
11.jpg

12.jpg

Leads up to a large open cupboard with this generator(?) inside, with asbestos stickers covered all around...
Was dark and I didn't have my mask on at this point, then realised the signs... Felt annoyed at myself because quite sure I breathed something in, the air seemed a bit odd there too.
Straight to the doctors the next day.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Going Up Stairs.
16.jpg

Up Stairs (The main block.).
17.jpg

Storage Room.
18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Hello on site security.
21.jpg

22.jpg

:)
23.jpg

24.jpg

Towards the end of the explore was taking self shots on the long stairs case with self timer, after a few photos I randomly hear a door close somewhere close in the building, wasn't sure what to do... Came to one of two choices; either leave or make a loud noise myself (like bang a locker or loudly close a door myself) to scare them away... Was getting dark and I had already searched the whole building so decided to leave, quickly picked stuff up (camera, tripod and bag) and hurried to the closest exit.
25.jpg

-Thanks,
Voibmi.

Downwardii

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I worked there before Sunrise went. That store room in the offices was full of old car phones and IT equipment from the 80’s.

Same shit different era as they say.