Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Sunshine House, Birkdale, Southport | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Sunshine House, Birkdale, Southport

Johnbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Ladies and Gents.
We're currently quoting for demolition of a large property in Southport ( 'Sunshine House', 2 Oxford Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 2JT). Apparently the property is 'wide open' and easily accessible for a visit !!! (See email text below that we've just received from the Client)...
"Following requests for site visits please see the information below from one of our men who has visited site.
-Free access is available to the site but that access will require the use of portable steps to safely enter the site over the existing boundary walls.
-There are two possible points of entry, one on Oxford Road and one on Palace Road.
-The site is significantly overgrown and many obstructions exist that make walking around the site hazardous.
-There are a number of access points to the building, via open or missing doors, which are obvious from walking around.
-The client is aware of the access issues but significant care should be taken as the condition of the existing building is not known and entry is entirely at your own risk"

FILL YOUR BOOTS! But proceed with caution !

Johnbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Ladies and Gents.
We're currently quoting for demolition of a large property in Southport ( 'Sunshine House', 2 Oxford Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 2JT). Apparently the property is 'wide open' and easily accessible for a visit !!! (See email text below that we've just received from the Client)...
"Following requests for site visits please see the information below from one of our men who has visited site.
-Free access is available to the site but that access will require the use of portable steps to safely enter the site over the existing boundary walls.
-There are two possible points of entry, one on Oxford Road and one on Palace Road.
-The site is significantly overgrown and many obstructions exist that make walking around the site hazardous.
-There are a number of access points to the building, via open or missing doors, which are obvious from walking around.
-The client is aware of the access issues but significant care should be taken as the condition of the existing building is not known and entry is entirely at your own risk"

...apparently it's a former School for the blind. There will have been a lot of contractors visiting the site recently, so I reckon if you 'tip up' at anytime wearing a hi-viz waistcoat then nobody will bat an eyelid ??? and if challenged; just say your pricing the demolition works and working for "Joe Bloggs Demolition" (choose your own name)
JS59841921.jpg

Johnbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks Togitha... I thought it must have been done already, but I couldn't find it when I searched. Thanks fr the link.

Johnbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Actually Togitha... the link you sent - that's not the one. The link you sent is to a property on Lancaster Road, the old School for the Deaf...the property that I was referring to is No2 Oxford road about 500m away...the property I refer to was a former school for the blind.

shaun that kid

trust no one (but me!)
28DL Full Member
Hi Ladies and Gents.

Hello there yes it is the school for the blind and with a simple google search can give alot of answers been in it myself its not that trashed and neither is it that open compared to the sliding under a fence of fire damaged,trashed and vandalised deaf school lancaster road its in pretty good state! but harder entry