Web
Analytics
Surrey!!! | New Members Introduction | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Surrey!!!

Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
@Courtneyyy however you feel about it and whether you understand why or not you''ve pretty much dug your own grave with this thread now. Being rude to established members when they're only trying to help is going to get you exactly nowhere. Good luck with finding anyone who will help you now.

pirate

Rum Swigger
Regular User
I apologise as I’ve got pretty narchy.

You asked for location
I gave you a hint
You asked me again for more info
You said it’s a no go because of the fear of getting prosecuted
You haven’t contributed for whatever reason.
And so on and so on.

If you can’t see how that agrrivates people and is totally the opposite to how the forum works then you will get similar responses.

Yorrick

I call bullshit!
Regular User
Stop now and reread from the beginning. Pirate's first comment gave you a location and despite a nudge in the right direction from me, instead of looking at the reports of Witley Wonder on 28 (which you still haven't done!), you flew into an aggressive "you're all arseholes" rant for pointing out the rules of the forum.

Wipe your chin and crack on. Post a report or two of places you've been. As @Brewtal says just copy and paste history from Wiki or someone else's report. You don't have to write like JK Rowling, just post some words to give your photos context or they're meaningless.

Courtneyyy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stop now and reread from the beginning. Pirate's first comment gave you a location and despite a nudge in the right direction from me, instead of looking at the reports of Witley Wonder on 28 (which you still haven't done!), you flew into an aggressive "you're all arseholes" rant for pointing out the rules of the forum.

Wipe your chin and crack on. Post a report or two of places you've been. As @Brewtal says just copy and paste history from Wiki or someone else's report. You don't have to write like JK Rowling, just post some words to give your photos context or they're meaningless.

I have actually looked at the Witley wonder, and have the location now so thanks for that. I’ve apologised to people many times and people just fire back at me with bumlshit so I’m just getting annoyed tbh

tonymini145

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have actually looked at the Witley wonder, and have the location now so thanks for that. I’ve apologised to people many times and people just fire back at me with bumlshit so I’m just getting annoyed tbh
Good luck with witley wonder unless you have snorkel gear the Russians that recently bought the place have flooded it so I’ve been told

Courtneyyy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good luck with witley wonder unless you have snorkel gear the Russians that recently bought the place have flooded it so I’ve been told
I went to Witley Wonder yesterday, think I need to do a bit more research on the place.
We drove down a country lane and the road it told us to go down was locked off by an old, rusted and coded gate.

I didn't really have time to check out other routes and couldn't really go climbing the gate to see what's on the other side due to a couple staring right at us through their windows.

Does this route sound right to anyone? Or where have I gone wrong?

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I went to Witley Wonder yesterday, think I need to do a bit more research on the place.
We drove down a country lane and the road it told us to go down was locked off by an old, rusted and coded gate.

I didn't really have time to check out other routes and couldn't really go climbing the gate to see what's on the other side due to a couple staring right at us through their windows.

Does this route sound right to anyone? Or where have I gone wrong?
Always best to park far away where possible. Head lights and torches attract way too much attention at night.

Courtneyyy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always best to park far away where possible. Head lights and torches attract way too much attention at night.
100% we always try and park far, but with this one, the road seemed long and didn't think there were any houses around until we got into this country lane with a gate blocking the rest of the way.

Have you been to this one before?

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
100% we always try and park far, but with this one, the road seemed long and didn't think there were any houses around until we got into this country lane with a gate blocking the rest of the way.

Have you been to this one before?
I don't know if you are actually being serious or just trolling at this point, hasn't it already been mentioned a dozen times that repeatedly asking for information when you have made zero contribution isn't going to get your far??

I've never personally visited WW or even been anywhere near it, but a quick scan on Google Maps seems to suggest at least 3 or 4 reasonable places to park and then walk a short distance to where you need to be. Considering that you are local to the place I don't see why you can't just go for a nosey around to try and work things out. It's only what I'd do if I fancied a visit and I live over 180 miles away, rocking up and trying to work things out is all part of the fun.

Really don't understand where you're coming from when you say you won't chuck reports up, you definitely don't need to be a literary mastermind to cobble something together. There are plenty of reports on here to have a look at to give you an idea of what to do. I tend to just get a bit of history, add a bit about my visit and then follow with the photos. It's pretty simple in reality. If you've got some reports up then people will be more willing to help you.

Last edited:

Courtneyyy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't know if you are actually being serious or just trolling at this point, hasn't it already been mentioned a dozen times that repeatedly asking for information when you have made zero contribution isn't going to get your far??

I've never personally visited WW or even been anywhere near it, but a quick scan on Google Maps seems to suggest at least 3 or 4 reasonable places to park and then walk a short distance to where you need to be. Considering that you are local to the place I don't see why you can't just go for a nosey around to try and work things out. It's only what I'd do if I fancied a visit and I live over 180 miles away, rocking up and trying to work things out is all part of the fun.

Really don't understand where you're coming from when you say you won't chuck reports up, you definitely don't need to be a literary mastermind to cobble something together. There are plenty of reports on here to have a look at to give you an idea of what to do. I tend to just get a bit of history, add a bit about my visit and then follow with the photos. It's pretty simple in reality. If you've got some reports up then people will be more willing to help you.
Trolling isn't something I do so I'd appreciate if everybody would just stop saying that to me haha

I dont live local to WW at all, it is an hour and a half drive from me so where you assumed that from, I dont know.. I'll be going back at some point in hopes of finding the way in.

The fact that I'm not confident to write a report is irrelevant to everything tbh and I'd rather not talk about it.

Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Trolling isn't something I do so I'd appreciate if everybody would just stop saying that to me haha
We'd all really appreciate it if you could be bothered to read the rules of the forum.

I'll be going back at some point in hopes of finding the way in.
Good luck. Even if you don't get in, make a post about it and add a few pics so at least we know you tried. That would get your big brownie points at the moment.

The fact that I'm not confident to write a report is irrelevant to everything tbh and I'd rather not talk about it.
Its totally relevant, no report/contribution (for whatever reason) = No help.

From your OP

I’ve covered nearly EVERYTHING local to me, from the Deepdene bunker, to underground mines such as Epsom and coulsdon!
We are now struggling, everything new we have been to are either demolished, or you can’t access them.
You must have some pics from at least a few of these places? all you need to do, as others have said before, is grab a bit of history from wiki, copy/paste it into a new thread, add some photos and maybe write a few lines about how the explore went. Voila, you have a report! If you're not prepared to do that then there really isn't much point in expecting anyone to help you.