Web
Analytics
Report - - Sutton Place Young Offenders Secure Unit, Hull - June 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Sutton Place Young Offenders Secure Unit, Hull - June 2015

AndyK

Behind Closed Doors
Regular User
Headed over to Hull for a solo visit when I got wind of an 'abandoned prison'. I didn't expect too much and the place isn't anything special but has a few ok bits.

Sutton Place was a reformatory prison for young offenders in the criminal justice system deemed to be dangerous to themselves or others. The facility was opened in 1992 and achieved "Outstanding" status by government inspectors. The secure unit had 10 beds and provided services for boys and girls up to 17 years old.

The facility closed in 2009 after the Youth Justice Board decided not to renew the units £1.8million contract.

1. External in the courtyard

2. Ball in courtyard

3. External

4. Boy's wing

5. Cell corridor

6. Inside a cell

7. Inside a cell

8. Communal area

9. Communal area

10. Sports hall

11. Famous people on sports hall wall

12. External

Choo Choo m8ty

Mr Reality Hacker
Regular User
Very nice looks an nice place and great pics of a great find thanks for this.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely done mate :thumb

I"d forgotten all about this place after a mention about a year ago, nice to see it done.

I must admit it"s scary reading about this & the other Secure young offenders units or should i say the clientele they had/have, especially @circa 200K+ a year.

I bet the neighbours are glad it"s closed.

URBAN DECAY EXPLORATION

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We have just done a video walkthrough of this bulidng and its outside area. we will post it to our youtube chanel soon and post the link here. However the place looks very different to you current pictures.

Its now completely trashed and there has been fire damage to the sports hall on its roof, plus grafffiti is all over this place now, which is a shame.

Can anyone look around,
Yes is the answer to this question - however its now extrreamly difficult to gain entry and dangerous. as we found out