real time web analytics
Report - - Sutton Place Young Offenders Secure Unit, Hull - June 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sutton Place Young Offenders Secure Unit, Hull - June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Headed over to Hull for a solo visit when I got wind of an 'abandoned prison'. I didn't expect too much and the place isn't anything special but has a few ok bits.

Sutton Place was a reformatory prison for young offenders in the criminal justice system deemed to be dangerous to themselves or others. The facility was opened in 1992 and achieved "Outstanding" status by government inspectors. The secure unit had 10 beds and provided services for boys and girls up to 17 years old.

The facility closed in 2009 after the Youth Justice Board decided not to renew the units £1.8million contract.

1. External in the courtyard
sutton-place-2.jpg

2. Ball in courtyard
sutton-place-14.jpg

3. External
sutton-place-3.jpg

4. Boy's wing
sutton-place-7.jpg

5. Cell corridor
sutton-place-4.jpg

6. Inside a cell
sutton-place-8.jpg

7. Inside a cell
sutton-place-9.jpg

8. Communal area
sutton-place-10.jpg

9. Communal area
sutton-place-11.jpg

10. Sports hall
sutton-place-12.jpg

11. Famous people on sports hall wall
sutton-place-13.jpg

12. External
sutton-place-15.jpg

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely done mate :thumb

I"d forgotten all about this place after a mention about a year ago, nice to see it done.

I must admit it"s scary reading about this & the other Secure young offenders units or should i say the clientele they had/have, especially @circa 200K+ a year.

I bet the neighbours are glad it"s closed.

URBAN DECAY EXPLORATION

28DL Member
28DL Member
We have just done a video walkthrough of this bulidng and its outside area. we will post it to our youtube chanel soon and post the link here. However the place looks very different to you current pictures.

Its now completely trashed and there has been fire damage to the sports hall on its roof, plus grafffiti is all over this place now, which is a shame.

Can anyone look around,
Yes is the answer to this question - however its now extrreamly difficult to gain entry and dangerous. as we found out