Web
Analytics
Swanage Grammar School | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Swanage Grammar School

Mon Ster

Sweeet
28DL Full Member
Swanage Grammar School was established in 1929 in Swanage, Dorset, England. It closed in 1974. The building is now defunct (from 2002) having been used as a center for outdoor pursuits and geography based learning.

A piece i grabbed from Google.
Does anyone know anything more of this place and if its accessible ?
I drove past once and saw it didnt have chance to stop it certainly looks interesting !
anyone local know anything more ?

Brian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I guess what is needed is someone with an interest in exploring, that knows where it is, and lives in the area - hmm, toughy that....

er, why not just go see mate? - it's only a few miles from you via the Sandbanks ferry :thumb

Chaos

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You can't explore from sitting behind your computer, grab your camera and go and have a look, same with the Dormy, then come back and post some reports up!

Mon Ster

Sweeet
28DL Full Member
i will do ! will report once done same for dormy been waiting ages to see that place

Bertie Bollockbrains

The Spice Must Stop
Regular User
The place still appears on streetview - but that dates from 2015 so I wouldnt know the latest. A caravan is at the back which could be security and the cameras look fresh

and as of May 2013 it had on-site security according to a Swanage local website:

" Anonymous said...
I popped down there today for old times sake - I studied there from 1971-4. Slightly naughtily, I know, but I stepped over the wall and went down the bank. There I was met by a loud "Oi!" and a tattooed, topless man who obviously didn't want me on the property despite me stating that I was reminiscing.

Do the owners have security living on that site? I was just wondering who that bloke was and if he had any right to sling me off.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like Chris - the resident site security. So yes, I'm afraid he was acting within his authority. I know some people who have had a look around with him but to be honest the main building is becoming more unsafe each day, particularly the risk of falling slates, so this may not be possible now.
"

Last edited:

tumbles

Trip Hopping
Regular User
The place still appears on streetview - but that dates from 2015 so I wouldnt know the latest. A caravan is at the back which could be security and the cameras look fresh

and as of May 2013 it had on-site security according to a Swanage local website:

" Anonymous said...
I popped down there today for old times sake - I studied there from 1971-4. Slightly naughtily, I know, but I stepped over the wall and went down the bank. There I was met by a loud "Oi!" and a tattooed, topless man who obviously didn't want me on the property despite me stating that I was reminiscing.

Do the owners have security living on that site? I was just wondering who that bloke was and if he had any right to sling me off.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like Chris - the resident site security. So yes, I'm afraid he was acting within his authority. I know some people who have had a look around with him but to be honest the main building is becoming more unsafe each day, particularly the risk of falling slates, so this may not be possible now.
"
Defo still there. Was on holiday at Ulwell last wek and went past it a lot. Wife wasn't going to let me have a look though! It has got signs of a caravan/van around the back and there looked like a large amount of wood being stripped out of it piled up outside. Don't know how good it would be. Certainly a fine looking building from the outset.