real time web analytics
Report - - Sweden - Coastal surveillance radar (KSRR) Visit 2013 - Report January 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sweden - Coastal surveillance radar (KSRR) Visit 2013 - Report January 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

benkar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I feel like I am repeating myself - "Now is the time to once again descend into a Swedish rock shelters/caverns" :p:

Along the east coast of Sweden, there was previously a long line (I have somewhere read 30 pcs) plants with coastal surveillance radar (KSRR) like this. Here is a PS 239 is an S-band radar (3000 MHz) with a pulse power of about 500 kw. The antenna rotates normally about 8 revolutions/minute. The range was 320 km.

It was important for both the Swedish Navy and Air Force to get a few minutes warning before that the Soviet Union begun its attempts invade Sweden... :eek:

This facility was originally commissioned in 1953 and was one of the southeast Sweden's key radar facilities. Like so much else in Sweden during the Cold War, this plant was very secret, and the plant was in operation until 1992, and it seems like it will be the only facility of this type to be preserved for posterity.

/B

More and bigger pictures HERE!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Dry toilet. Not to be used in peace time...

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

More and bigger pictures HERE!

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details