real time web analytics
Report - - Sweden -Säter mental hospital "the permanent/closed pavilion" (2005) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sweden -Säter mental hospital "the permanent/closed pavilion" (2005)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

benkar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went really nostalgic when I saw this thread, so I could not resist write my own report, 6 years later... :D

One of the first ruin excursions I did, was to this location, 2005, time passes quickly when you have fun.....

Säters hospital opended in 1912, there were 37 buildings and space for 830 mentally ill :crazy patients.

The "permanent/closed pavilion" was created for particularly challenging patients from all over the country (Sweden). There was room for 27 patients who were cared for by 16 nurses. The term "permanent/closed pavilion" meant that it was escape proof, including barred windows and walled exercise yards. In addition, there was increased surveillance.

1980: The Swedish mental hospitals begin to close down. The term "permanent/closed pavilion" is changed to "special section". 1989: Säters permanent pavilion/special section was closed down.

In 2005 it was completely open to walk in, but very scary, but now it is a little tricky to get into the building....

The pictures below is from 2005.

/B

The entire gallery with more pictures HERE!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

The entire gallery with more pictures HERE!