real time web analytics
Report - - Swithland Sidings, Leicestershire, Aug 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Swithland Sidings, Leicestershire, Aug 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Schloff

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Swithland Sidings is a set of railway sidings on the preserved Great Central Railway, situated just south of Swithland Reservoir and Swithland Viaduct which crosses it.

The original plans for the Manchester, Sheffield & Lincolnshire Railway London Extention had a station situated at Swithland instead of Rothley, although Rothley was much the larger village of the two, and only slightly further from the line. Local pressure forced a change in the plans and the proposed site changed to Rothley however, this did not mean that Swithland station was abandoned. It is now used for storage and restoration projects.

IMG_0383.CR2_zpst6chsmtg.jpg

IMG_0387.CR2_zpsx4utclw2.jpg

IMG_0368_zpsz2oarhxp.jpg

IMG_0376.CR2_zpsy10lp5c5.jpg

IMG_0372.CR2_zpse7ozwcg0.jpg

IMG_0384.CR2_zpszftewssy.jpg

IMG_0377.CR2_zpsunb9ru3s.jpg

IMG_0385.CR2_zps3tgndl8w.jpg

IMG_0390.CR2_zpsqvp2q0ff.jpg

Thanks For Looking.

Last edited:

Nate

UrbexN8
Banned
Had a look at this place myself a few weeks back. I spotted it after flying a drone over swithland res and in the quarry. We went at night and had a look there was an old Royal Mail train there which I think is the red 1 on the right of the second pic. Didnt take any pics though as the were loads of cameras and didn't want to use any light on case we were spotted.

You got some good pics considering what's there. Good report.

Schloff

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice One!

Don't think anyone watches the cameras to be honest, I spent a couple of hours there and nobody bothered me.

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bloody gorgeous, reminds me of the more disused bits up here in Bury.
Don't suppose you got a number for the loco in pic 3?

Schloff

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bloody gorgeous, reminds me of the more disused bits up here in Bury.
Don't suppose you got a number for the loco in pic 3?

Will This Do For Ya?

The plate on the side reads:
John Fowler & Co
Leeds (LTD)
4210079 - 1952

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-29%20at%2021.14.17_zps6xbcxdpd.jpg

Schloff

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report :thumb
Been meaning to have a look round here one day

Trees look a bit bare for an Aug16 report?

HAHA! Been here a few times and I put all the images into one folder so a couple of older ones might have slipped in as I just chose what I thought were the best.

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
HAHA! Been here a few times and I put all the images into one folder so a couple of older ones might have slipped in as I just chose what I thought were the best.

haha, fair enough :)
I've had a few sites, where the best shots are compiled over a couple of visits.
Like old train stuff, so this is quite interesting :)