real time web analytics
Report - - Swithland Waterworks Leicestershire 06-2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Swithland Waterworks Leicestershire 06-2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Swithland Reservoir Waterworks And Pump House Quorn Leicestershire. This was a non public tour hence the non public status. right where do i start with this? well i've been working in Quorn for the past few weeks, so with the long nights i got on google earth to see if or what was in the area..Hello whats this that looks like a pump house not 5 mins from the hotel, so after work i got up there to have a look not expecting to find such a beautiful building in an amazing setting the whole area has large and small buildings and pumps some still in use others derelict. It was clear to see that the pump house was still in use and is currently a training facility for Severn Trent Water and seemed water tight, still wanting to see inside at 4.30am i set off i managed to find some long ladders which allowed me to see through the side windows for a better look once i got the shots i returned the ladders to see what else i could find. The water works sits right in front of the pump house and is raised up and surrounded by six small reservoirs, with a little bit of trial and error i was in and what a nice surprise this place is huge and simply stunning, there may not be loads of pumps but it made up for this in the beautiful layout and amazing arches. the sun light streamed in through the small windows creating shafts of light which helped to aluminate the whole thing and make shooting it so much easier. i have made several trips here and will be making more as there is still more to see and hopefully get in side the pump house more than likely with permission but thats fine i just want to get inside..
HISTORY.
The Pump House and Waterworks are part of a complex of sttuctures at the site, compleated in 1896 to the designs of Architects J B Everard and Everard and pick, the original pump was made by Easton, Anderson and Coolden Ltd Engineers of London. i cant seem to find much more on it..sorry.

swa.jpg

swb.jpg

swc.jpg

swd.jpg
swe.jpg

swf.jpg

THE WATER WORKS
swg.jpg

swh.jpg

swi.jpg
swj.jpg

swk.jpg

swl.jpg

swm.jpg

swn.jpg

swo.jpg

swp.jpg

swq.jpg
swr.jpg

sws.jpg

This sits right below the centre of the pump( i think) above ground which sits in the middle surrounded by columns and beautifully decorated
swt.jpg

swu.jpg

swv.jpg

swx.jpg

swy.jpg

swz.jpg