real time web analytics
Report - - SWS House - Newcastle - April 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - SWS House - Newcastle - April 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Joelio1

28DL Member
28DL Member
Met up with Magpie423 after waiting for his turn on the printer for some afternoon exploring. It took us a 15 minute walk from the college for us to get to the site. As we were just round the corner from the site the Po Po decided to show up in their party van for a quick drive round the block, We weren't put off. A quick jump over the wall and were in. Under the presumption that I might come back to the site, I only came armed with my phone and a few torches and not the nice DSLR that Magpie had. So I really do apologise about the quality, but I can assure you that I tried my best to squeeze the best photos I could out the little camera​

So I present to you my naff pictures from my FIRST proper exploration

Even though this place has been covered once before and already seen by a few others, I hope you enjoy my photos!​

IMAG0367.jpg

Outside the shutters in the back yard
IMAG0366.jpg

Ground floor
IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

Stairwell
IMAG0285.jpg

Up onto the second floor
IMAG0287.jpg

Tried to add a little 'depth of field' effect
IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

The crane
IMAG0297.jpg

A view from the window
IMAG0298.jpg

Set up an old server or something and adjusted it to achieve this one
IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0304.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

In Mag's report I think a few were asking if the model building was still here, yup.
IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

The light beaming in from the boarded up office block
IMAG0320.jpg

This looked like some sort of crazy hard drive machine
IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

The graffiti hand
IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

This was quite a dark room, any one know what that was in the picture? looked like some sort of skinny wheeled device haha
IMAG0335.jpg

Another old office phone
IMAG0337.jpg

Apparently the alarm code has changed and that you should not enter...
IMAG0345.jpg

Back down to the ground floor
IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

Saved, what I thought was, the best picture 'til last ;)
IMAG0358-1.jpg

Well hope you guys enjoyed my photo set. I had a really good time aswell, was very interesting to just wonder around abandoned places.
On the way back we scoped out what might possibly be an undiscovered site, of which might take some climbing to acomplish and quite possibly might be my next report. Again, I could not find any history to report back with :(

Thanks for reading !

Last edited: