real time web analytics
Report - - Sygun Copper Mine Equipment - Snowdonia, UK - April 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sygun Copper Mine Equipment - Snowdonia, UK - April 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Barneylad06

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History: Sygun Copper Mine is a Victorian copper mine which closed in 1903 but was renovated and reopened by the Amies family as a tourist attraction in 1986, focusing on audio-visual tours of the underground workings. It is still open to the public today. Sygun Copper Mine was once a main supplier of minerals in Wales. The photos I will be sharing are some of the equipment used and such.
Explore: Was on a family walk in foot hills of Snowdonia until on our descent, we encountered former equipment used by copper miners.

This could be some sort of disused mine or something.

A gate or such.

thanks for reading:)

5PR1NK5

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think Tom was joking as it's 'never' sunny in Wales! :lol That said, often we're over and it's lush while crap weather back in England!
Nice pics but I wouldn't have been able to resist the mine. Couple of decent torches, a hard hat and some waymarkers and you'll be 'reet! :D

tigger

mog
Regular User
Always good to see decent photos of the ropeway remains up Cwm Bychan.
'Family walk' - did the same here in the late 1960s and the water wasn't so high. Now you have one adit which is roughly welly deep and another somewhat over knee deep. Neither are worth the bother as they are fairly straight drives to blinds with little evidence of good material being won, a few sleepers and very little mineralisation. One area is worked at the surface and a small stoped area goes to that but otherwise all the holes on this side of the hill have the appearance of trials (or speculation).
Lovely area to walk in. Aeriel ropeway by far the best 'mining' remains in the valley..and the aerial ropeway almost certainly didn't carry any useful metal ore (yet aother scheme to fleece foolish investors).
Plenty of other trial adits and small mines in the general area for those who like wet holes.

Who has read this thread (Total: 204) View details