real time web analytics
Report - - T Forsell & Sons - Leicester - November 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - T Forsell & Sons - Leicester - November 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited twice, once in the evening and once during the day, this was to avoid upset homeless guys who sill evidently live there. Visited with CatVstyle, Buttons and Waterboy.

As my powers of research seem to be failing me drastically today I will instead borrow the history from Yorrick's report:

T. Forsell and sons, worsted spinners, started trading in 1835 from this site.
The company was incorporated (became Ltd) in 1943 and branched out
into property management in 1949.

By the early 1960’s they had outgrown the site and moved to purpose built
premises in nearby South Wigston.
(The spinning arm finally ceased trading in 2000 but the property arm is still trading.)

As happens a lot (at least in Leicester) the building was divided up and occupied
by several small knitwear firms.
One of these made baby clothes for Boots, as evidenced by the rolls of labels.
The last of these seems to have moved out around 2005.

It was my first visit to this building and to be honest I am not overly fussed on it, there is however potential to set up some nice shots if you have the time and patience (I did borrow a set up shot of glass chemistry equipment).

The upstairs floors are basically f***ed and I nearly went through one during one of the adventures; it is one to do in the day as some of the holes in the floor are hard to see by torchlight. Once we had gotten past where they homeless guys live the building really opens up into a few large, empty rooms. I didn't venture very far into them due to the state of the floors.

DSC_0120_zps6446217b.jpg

DSC_0115_zps96ff89a9.jpg

DSC_0123_zpsf8d9f944.jpg

DSC_0113_zpseca73fd5.jpg

DSC_0130_zpsbe8563ad.jpg

DSC_0012_zps07fdeb1b.jpg

DSC_0023_zps5737fe50.jpg

DSC_0025_zps9017853d.jpg

DSC_0036_zps9c1d614a.jpg

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details