real time web analytics
Report - - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth - Feb 2009 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth - Feb 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kempes

Feckless & irresponsible
28DL Full Member
Hi,

This was Hpipe's and mine first Asylum explore and as such we arrived extremely early Sunday morning to make sure it was a quiet day. As it happened i dont think that was necessary.
It was a chance to try out our low light level photography skills and after I got home I realised I don’t have any, so some more practice and a new camera is required but bare with me.
I know there are a few pictures of this place so I have tried to pick a few I have not found before.

There is a lot of information already about this one but a brief outline. It Opened in 1903 with around 300 beds and closed in the mid 1990's. The Hospital looks to be built in local stone and current plans looks like complete or partial demolition in the future which would be a crying shame for such a well built and fantastic building.

First part of our day we started in the College of Nursing and Midwifery a later built addition to the Asylum complex.
To be honest it was a mess in there, the flat roof having allowed a lot of water in to the place.
Few pictures...
DSC04864_edited.jpg

some 80's advice.
DSC04885.jpg

Dont know why this gives me the creeps.
DSC04875.jpg

We then moved on to the Hospital/ Asylum, corridor shot heaven.
DSC04914.jpg

DSC04965.jpg

DSC05034.jpg

DSC05054_edited.jpg

DSC05063.jpg

This amused me slightly as it looks like they are about to get up.
DSC05099-1.jpg

DSC04983.jpg

DSC05098.jpg

Asylum inventions, i cant figure it out so what chance does the bird stand...
DSC05103.jpg

The door to flat 1 and 2 at the back of the asylum is open, revealing this cool staircase.
DSC05094.jpg

Mandatory hall picture -we even fixed the stairs...
DSC05120.jpg

Then we stopped for a pint and we were off.
DSC05116.jpg

Sorry for all the pictures, was a great 5 hours explore.

Last edited: