real time web analytics
Report - - Tate & Lyle Silo 11-10-2007 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tate & Lyle Silo 11-10-2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
Well, Stoka and I went to liverpool to see the ABC cinema with some others, but had a breakdown in communications, and were unable to find an access point at 5pm, with hundreds of people milling around. lol.

So, we went to have a look at Stanley Dock, which had so much security in there it wasn't funny.

I remembered a building that I used to marvel at when I went to a scrap yard next to it. Turns out that this is Tate & Lyle, lol.

With very little time to do much, we made our way straight up to the silo roof, and boy what a night.

I've only just got my S5600 (thanks Brianand), so you'll have to excuse me if the pictures are poo, I'm still messing about with a lot of the features.

When we got there, it was overcast, so not much panorama

DSCF2030.jpg

DSCF2031.jpg

Not sure what type of ship this is, it was in north canada dock. At first i thought it was a cable layer, but it's not big wnough imo, then noticed the front guides, so i reckon it may be a repair ship, that feeds the cable in from the front, and out at the back.

DSCF2032.jpg

We made our way into the shed on top,

DSCF2039.jpg

DSCF2042.jpg

DSCF2054.jpg

DSCF2062.jpg

My first attempt at light painting :)

DSCF2047.jpg

When we left the shed for outside again it had cleared up, unfortunatley, i forgot to use the timer on most of my outside shots, so a lot of them are useless due to trembling :(

DSCF2065.jpg

DSCF2068.jpg

This was a mistake, but i like the result anyway :)

DSCF2073.jpg