real time web analytics
Report - - Tate Modern Extension, London [November 2015] | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tate Modern Extension, London [November 2015]

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PatientTheory

Yung explorer
28DL Full Member
History/Information
Not much can be found online other than the fact it’s construction will finish by 2016, expanding the existing building. This will allow more gallery space for artworks to be displayed.

The Climb
This report is preceded by @Cloudseed's report here. After clambering around Queensbridge as a warm-up, we built up the courage to take on something higher profile. Fairly decent climb, although the top was disappointing as the plastic mesh blocked out the view. Photos were taken around 2 floors below the rooftop. Not many shots to show as I was just starting out with my dSLR, but here are a few:

Blackfriars Bridge.

Somethnig5e85b.jpg

One side of the extension building. I should've taken images of the interior, which was just as interesting as the view :( The scaffolding outside this building was also the most impressive one I've ever seen, but didn't take a shot that shows off its true scale. Here is only a small portion of the scaffolding.

img_9056c9990.jpg

Most rooftop view look the same, but this one was an eye opener.

img_9053-25f61a.jpg

St.Paul’s Cathedral.

img_9050fe6cf.jpg

Thanks @Cloudseed, @Zinoo and a non-member for the night :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
If they shuffled up the stuff in there a little closer together they would not need more wall space... there is a LOT of plain white wall in there!

Cant argue with those views!

Zinoo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a great night, shame I got too paranoid to join you up the Tate. Although it did give me the opportunity to chat with an awesome homeless guy sleeping beside the hoarding.

PatientTheory

Yung explorer
28DL Full Member
What a great night, shame I got too paranoid to join you up the Tate. Although it did give me the opportunity to chat with an awesome homeless guy sleeping beside the hoarding.
You missed out, but i guess we also missed out on the convo with the homeless guy :rolleyes: He's a ledge

Cloudseed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This took a while! Nice to see the difference a better camera makes, obviously expertly operated :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details