real time web analytics
Report - - Telecoms House, Bedford (August 2015) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Telecoms House, Bedford (August 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Coffee

TopKek
28DL Full Member
I'm new to the forums, so this is my first post! :)

I visited this abandoned office building in Bedford this evening, after driving past it earlier in the day.

History
It is unknown when the building was built and opened, but the construction style suggests 1960s or 1970s. It is semi-detatched, and is four storeys high. It has previously been home to several consultancies, and was at one point a Coroner's office.

The building has not been used commercially since 2013, but four mobile operators have installed base stations on the roof. There is also an emergency services TETRA antenna group on the roof. It has two lifts, and although the interior stairwell lighting still works, the lifts have been cut at the breaker and no longer receive power. The lights appear to have been left on by building workers to deter explorers and/or vandals, but no staff were on site.

I plan to go back tomorrow with some friends to take photos, when it is light, but here are some (albeit poor) ones I took this evening on iPhone:

tsxapMk.jpg

View of the car park

7X5iHrr.jpg

One of the two lifts, with lights.

7vYCoGC.jpg

(Overexposed) view of the TETRA antennas, entrance to second half of building

Coffee

TopKek
28DL Full Member
More photos:

XLecdY0.jpg

ZuurnPg.jpg

HDcaDr4.jpg

hp9cQfT.jpg

be8IH03.jpg

yi7oSo7.jpg

TJeRASs.jpg

UXYD2Ip.jpg

I thought it'd be great to start with somewhere that's not yet been explored (on 28DL, at least).