real time web analytics
Report - - Templar House July 2020 Leeds, United Kingdom | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Templar House July 2020 Leeds, United Kingdom

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle_Urbex

Banned
Banned
History

Templar House is a Grade II listed building situated in the heart of Leeds City Centre, The building photographed was built in 1840 by James Simpson it was originally known as Wesleyan Methodist Church boasting a schoolroom for 400 children and 1700 worshipers flocked to the church.

However it would later become the United Methodist Chapel but over the 1920’s as congregation began to dwindle the historic building was no longer a chapel as of 1930 and then converted to offices in 1933.

Since 1933 the building would be used for a variety of many different company needs. After the closure of the chapel Templar House would be known as the main premises of Hoover Ltd Vacuum cleaner manufacturers for a short while before it would again change occupants. This time in the form of the Army as a National Service Recruitment Office.

From the 1970’s onwards it changed hands again on a number of occasions the first which saw the building become an Unemployment Benefit Office for a short period then In 1984 it was pictured as being occupied by British Road Services and then converted into warehousing space.

The last known use of Templar House was in the early 1990’s where it would operate as an amateur boxing club which explains the lockers and certificates hanging on the wall. It has remained abandoned, tightly sealed and in a derelict state ever since.

Since it’s closure Victoria Gate owned by Hammerson Operations Ltd have taken ownership of the Templar House building and it remains unseen what the future has in store for it.

Explore

Where to begin? For a building that is known notoriously for being very tightly sealed throughout the Urbex community. The last explore of this historic building was back in 2014 and only very few people have ever had the opportunity of actually stepping inside to photograph it’s derelict state, The pool table and boxing certificates left decaying for nearly 30 years not to mention the beautiful staircase! An experience I will certainly not forget an amazing location to be able to put on the list let alone being the first one to explore it again after all this time✅#leeds #templarhouse #exploration #urbanexplorer #urbex

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Serious question... Why do you feel the need to advertise yourself with some shit top like that?
Is it you're trying to achieve some kind of popularity, fame, following etc?
If so there's already too many delusional wannabes who've gone this route so you might be too late.
My advice would be burn the top and start again. Apart from that, crack on with exploring.

Kyle_Urbex

Banned
Banned
I appreciate your opinions and respect them as everyone’s entitled to their opinion, The shirt is so people can see my work and my photographs. Nothing more. Nothing less. It’s not about popularity or fame. It’s about my photographs that show off the decay of these historic buildings. Does that make me wrong for wanting to show that off? Maybe in some people’s eyes. Like I said everyone’s entitled to their opinion and I respect yours. Other than that I apologise again for being a useless sell out no good Katie Price style fanny

chills

Queller of the uprising
It’s funny how your Instagram was only started just over a month ago but you have worldwide printed on the back of your comfort hoody. I should stand in front of every place I visit, might get me more views, just a thought.

Kyle_Urbex

Banned
Banned
Have you ever realised that my mum fucked men from Poland, Chernobyl, Romania and more?

I don’t know who my dad is, That’s why it says “Worldwide” thanks :)

chills

Queller of the uprising
Any other merc for sale?
I'm after something similar in XL preferably with black logo on a black background.

I think that colour scheme has sold out. Would’ve been a better choice than pink. Less inconspicuous than having “urban explorer” pasted on your chest.

Kyle_Urbex

Banned
Banned
I haven’t wondered actually as that still doesn’t make you “worldwide”. I look forward to seeing photos of you standing outside each of those too.
Not sure why you’re so against the shirt when you yourself are doing giveaways of your work, You’re promoting your photographs with giveaways and I’m promoting mine with the shirt

Reactions: Alx

Kyle_Urbex

Banned
Banned
Either way I appreciate the hate. It runs down and off my shirt very well. Just like I should have ran down my mums leg instead of into her cavernous vagina, Enjoy your night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 534) View details