Web
Analytics
Report - - Temple Cowley Pools - Oxford - July 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Temple Cowley Pools - Oxford - July 2016

xexxa

A national treasure
Regular User
Decided to go to Oxford with non-member after reading some good reports etc. Left early, found everything gone except this gem. I loved this place, just my kinda thing. A bit small, but plenty of time can be spent here.

Oxford council decided to sell it off for £3.5m and it closed 23rd December 2014. It's been empty since and is in very good condition. Not really very much history on it, but a great explore. On with the photos.

IMG_3591-1_zps5obextsb.jpg

IMG_3594-1_zpsgufsnsvn.jpg

The main pool. I kick myself at times like this for not getting a full frame camera...

IMG_3604-1_zps4icbwdtq.jpg

I beg to differ...

IMG_3610-1_zpsu8tbdcqn.jpg

IMG_3615-1_zpsbavihk3f.jpg

IMG_3617-1_zpscjafexzq.jpg

IMG_3619-1_zpsohbeyh2w.jpg

IMG_3622-1_zpsivhnrzan.jpg

Xexxa was a stupid username to choose
IMG_3634-1_zpsoan6alsh.jpg

(I also love that pool alarm sign too. Press button, rejoice at bacon received)

Interested to know who leaves such a luxurious safe behind?!
IMG_3638-1_zpsi0gow8jp.jpg

IMG_3645-1_zpsxwr7hjmi.jpg

Anyway, that was that. Next stop Crookham court.... Ah... Builders are in..... Make that RAF Greenham then...

Last edited:

xexxa

A national treasure
Regular User
Doesn't look like much has changed since my visit apart from a clean up and removal of the fences, good work!
I noticed the fence rmeoval too... strange... maybe they needed them for something else