Web
Analytics
Report - - Tenement flats (Liverpool, Nov, 2017) | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Tenement flats (Liverpool, Nov, 2017)

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
An abandoned tenement block, presumably 1950s give or take a decade. I was surprised to find this still festering at the top of Upper Pitt Street since I assumed it had been demolished long ago. But there is was, tinned up since about 2002 judging from the stuff inside. About 2/3 rds of the flats were accessible, but all are pretty stripped. It looks like the pipes, wiring and most of the fittings were taken some time ago, maybe before the block was sealed, and little has happened since. Not a huge amount to see since its mostly empty rooms but there are a few bits of furniture, children’s toys, piles of old clothes etc. As in the Welsh Streets venture a while ago, the most interesting aspect turned out to be wallpaper - mainly because that’s pretty much all that’s left. In fact wallpaper is in danger of turning into a bit of a thing with me. Some of it is quite pretty, but the central fascination is why anyone would want decorate their entire flat in some corrugated zig-zag anaglypta horror. Anyway, we proceed to the pictures, roughly grouped by category with some wallpaper fillers.

0_exterior.jpg

1_exterior_rear.jpg

One the way in, an outside wardrobe in an overgrown part of the rear.

2_outsideclothes.jpg

3_stairs.jpg

4_corridors_1.jpg

5_flowers_2.jpg

6_fireplaces.jpg

7_white_flowery.jpg

Yes, I admit I moved the bear into shot - it was hiding round the corner before. Some evidence of rough sleepers in a few of the flats, but nothing recent.

8_corridors_2.jpg

9_rooms_1.jpg

10_toys.jpg

11_rooms_2.jpg

12_coloured.jpg

13_lights.jpg

14_mirrors.jpg

These garish things are 'borders' - usually at dado rail height

15_borders.jpg

16_bluewindow.jpg

17_white_anaglypta.jpg

18_rooms_3.jpg

20_flowers_1.jpg

21_noticecards.jpg

29_atticdoor.jpg

30_attic.jpg

The Anglican Cathedral through a hole in the roof.

31_view.jpg

Overall a moderately diverting explore, and probably, in its day, not a bad place to live. The tenement has planning permission for demolition.

To conclude I thought I’d mention Eldon Grove over on the other side of town, which is a much nicer abandoned tenement (architecturally speaking). It seems this is finally getting some attention, having been druggy-central for years. Still easy to visit.

32_IMG_1546_eldongrove.jpg

Baggy trousers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I agree with ZerO81 on that, wasn' expecting much but your reports taken me by suprise, your definitely turning into some sort of wallpaper Ned tho!
Great report as usual chemist.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
There really is some interesting and retro styles in those houses. Fab contrast photos. Yes I wasnt expecting it to be that good. Everything from 60s to 80s paper there, and lamp shades lol. Oh my days, I feel old lol :thumb:thumb

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
If i'm honest, i was not expecting much from this report, but I was wrong and your photos make the place look really interesting.
The old "don't judge a book by its cover" rule certainly applies here.
I agree with ZerO81 on that, wasn' expecting much but your reports taken me by suprise, your definitely turning into some sort of wallpaper Ned tho!
Great report as usual chemist.
Interesting report that! I recognise so many of them old wallpaper styles from back in the day haha
There really is some interesting and retro styles in those houses. Fab contrast photos. Yes I wasnt expecting it to be that good. Everything from 60s to 80s paper there, and lamp shades lol. Oh my days, I feel old lol :thumb:thumb
Good effort mate liked that :thumb
Thanks for the comments folks. Of course a compilation report like this glamourises the place - true of most reports I suppose - in reality its as grotty as one would expect. Just wish my pics would come out sharper - they look fine on my screen at home, but blurry after uploading.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Many people won't remember the oldskool Anaglypta wallpaper and them 70's/80's furnishings, a proper blast from the past seeing some of that old tacky old tat!

Nice work, there won't be many examples about these day's

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Many people won't remember the oldskool Anaglypta wallpaper and them 70's/80's furnishings, a proper blast from the past seeing some of that old tacky old tat!

Nice work, there won't be many examples about these day's

Oi oi you saying we are old ;) Im very well matured and crumbly like a well matured cheese pmsl ;)