real time web analytics
Report - - Tenterden Train Graveyard (East Sussex) - November 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tenterden Train Graveyard (East Sussex) - November 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

silentpartner

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When seeing other peoples posts on the Train Graveyard, it triggered my romantic side as you can only imagine the amount of people they carried throughout their working life. Even though now reduced to a rotting carcass it was good to explore and I was please with some of the pictures I got.

Google maps only got me so far but finding a place to get closer wasn't too much of a challenge. The fields next to the graveyard do have people walking through them so I don't think I looked too conspicuous. A small wire fence easy to step over and then..... slipped down the bank. Regaining my dignity I was pleased to get near and in the carriages. They reminded me of when I was younger and even though I'm not a train buff the 'slam door' trains had so much more character than the trains today.

Unfortunately now, because of my job I will have to resume exploring after Christmas (No I'm not Santa) but I will still be looking through everyone else's posts.

TTG1.JPG

TTG2.JPG

TTG3.JPG

View attachment 785228

TTG4.JPG

TTG5.JPG

TTG6.JPG

TTG7.JPG

TTG8.JPG

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
You want to go and find the other carriages on the same line pal. Bit more effort required but certainly worth it.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Bit of distance between them but on the same line. Seek and ye shall find, after all you don't want me to give you all the details ;) .

CJMooch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good stuff.

I've not done anything yet so 'a bit more effort required', from me. Lol

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
If can you get to them there are still some original features to be seen. This is one example, like I say it's worth the effort and a rewarding find. Better facilities than some trains you'll catch today too.

IMG_4920.JPG

afrojay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was there between about 11 and 12 methinks. Saw a couple of dog walkers and that was it

Who has read this thread (Total: 350) View details