real time web analytics
Report - - Tenterden Train Graveyard (Kent & E Sussex Railway) - December 2016 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tenterden Train Graveyard (Kent & E Sussex Railway) - December 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
Choo motherfucking choo! This is nice! I'm definitely gonna have to give this a go next time I'm down south

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Loved this. Good report on history and interesting too. But really loved the photos. hand held or not, they are good. The place looks so peaceful and interesting. Never done a train station. I have one on my list, near here. Would make a lovely afternoon stroll I think :thumb

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Loved this. Good report on history and interesting too. But really loved the photos. hand held or not, they are good. The place looks so peaceful and interesting. Never done a train station. I have one on my list, near here. Would make a lovely afternoon stroll I think :thumb

It is a pleasant wander,quite enjoyed it myself if im honest

Urbanexplorationsquad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Far from rude,more direct and to the point,it's named you can find it on a google map where its even marked down,using eyes and zooming in isn't rocket science is it
You also have a fare point and i see both sides. All im saying is try to have a bit more patients with some people. Mistakes happen

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Sorry only just seen your comment, really appreciate it thanks, yeah it makes for a good afternoon wander!

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
DS 1770 - Built by Grafton Cranes Ltd, Bedford as works number 2690/1945. Spent her entire career based at Ashford Works. Numbered 1770/10 by the Southern Railway and DS1770 by British Railways. In 1978 it was designated an internal user vehicle and renumbered 083316. Withdrawn on the closure of Ashford Works in 1983. Arrived on the K&ESR 3 February 1984. Number 145 in the K&ESR stocklist
DS 3141 - Built for the South Eastern and Chatham Railway in 1900 as a composite carriage. Converted to a match wagon in 1948 and numbered D3141. Arrived on the K&ESR on 16 August 1990 for use with crane 145 following the conversion of match truck 146 to a flat wagon. Number 162 in the K&ESR stocklist.
Diesel Locomotive - Built by Darlington Works in 1964. British Railways number D7594, later 25 244 - never ran on this preserved line
I think the larger crane is Built by Ransomes and Rapier, Ipswich in 1926 for the Southern Railway. Renumbered DS81 by British Railways and later ADRR95201. Arrived on the K&ESR in 1987. Number 151 in the K&ESR stocklist
The Grey 10T box van is I believe ex L & Y built in August 1922 at Newton Heath. Sold to the Royal Navy and used at HM Dockyard Chatham. Numbered 589 by the Royal Navy. Sold to K&ESR in April 1983. Number 136 in the K&ESR stocklist

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 252) View details