real time web analytics
Report - - Terre-Rouge - Luxembourg - August 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Terre-Rouge - Luxembourg - August 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ikkdjct

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hi,

This is my first ever report and I hope that I have not committed too many mistakes submitting this.

Terre Rouge is a very old ARBED (now Arcelor Mittal) site that was abandoned in 1997 after all the blast-furnaces in the Luxembourgish 'Minett Region' were closed down . As the site was abandoned about 30 years ago most of it is in a pretty bad condition. Up to few years ago the site comprised the iron-ore silos and the 'Centrale Thermique'. The latter, unfortunately, is now comepletely gone and the iron-ore silos and a few other buildings are all that remains. Nevertheless, I still managed to spend a few hours wondering around the site and taking pictures. Unlike Arbed Esch-Schifflange (which I did not manage to visit) I am not aware that this site is being redeveloped.

Terre-Rouge is an ideal location for a first explore as access is very easy and as far as I could tell there is no security whatsoever anymore.

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very nice, some great shots there, I particularly like the last two. That’s a really good first report. Welcome aboard!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
:thumb Cracking report, well done for a first report its as good as anyones. I really like the 2nd from last shot, the machines and their reflection in water, its a great snap.:cool: