real time web analytics
Report - - Tetley's Brewery – Leeds – July 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tetley's Brewery – Leeds – July 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sho

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tetley's Brewery – Leeds – July 2011

Visited with Gone and Millhouse.

I guess this place no longer needs an introduction and as the cats out the bag I thought id share these shots from our visit.

XEch7.jpg

Tetleys Brewery is situated on the South side of the River Aire in Leeds and has been operational since 1822. After many years of expansion, the brewery closed on the 17th of june this year resulting in the loss nearly 180 jobs. Having produced around 185 million pints of Tetleys bitter every year as well as many other different beers including Carlsberg, Tetley’s was the 6th biggest brewer in the world. Production has now moved to Northampton, resulting in this mothballed state of epicness. We had to get involved.

H5veZ.jpg

This was a fairly intense explore. We spent a few minutes on the safe side of the new fence contemplating the reality of the situation. It felt pretty on edge throughout, The smells were intense. I didn’t take a huge amount of photos but we had a decent look around.

Y7DU8.jpg

Part of the old public museum showing the oldskool ways.

SSkaK.jpg

Some nice pipage :cool:

2pfl5.jpg

qXrGQ.jpg

This bit was amazing. Couldn't quite work out what it was but it felt a bit strange walking between them. Somewhat resident evil esq.

YYHti.jpg

UF7aq.jpg

The main hall complete with live control room.

69rVN.jpg

Shot from the roof.

XrYgq.jpg

Fully awesome place, Definitely didn't disappoint.

Cheers. Sho​