real time web analytics
Report - - TG green pottery (cornishware) Swadlincote June 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - TG green pottery (cornishware) Swadlincote June 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Visited with @GK_WAX another early morning start to the first location that we wanted to do but didn't turn out as planned. Due to security and a rather large German Shepard dog chasing us back over the fence. A close call but we will leave that place for another time. The back to the car and of to TG green pottery.quite a large site in a bit of a mess but still some nice features. There was also a couple of barn owls but didn't manage to get a photo of them so here's a few photos I got and a bit of history..

A proud history

T.G. Green was founded by Thomas Goodwin Green back in 1864. Rumour has it that he bought up an existing pottery factory while he was on his honeymoon with his new wife, Mary Tenniel, the sister of Punch and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland illustrator Sir John Tenniel.

One of the companies most popular lines has always been Cornishware which was first produced in 1924. It was created using a nifty lathe-turning technique that scraped blue slip away from its beautiful ceramics to reveal white bands of clay beneath. Those stripes reminded an employee of the blue skies and white-crested waves of Cornwall, which is how Cornishware got its name.

Iconic design
http://www.forumimagehosting.com/images/IMG_3743047c1.jpg

IMG_3742_zpstqstwzho.jpg

IMG_3743_zpsbh0ykf65.jpg

IMG_3746_zpsoe5gyieo.jpg

IMG_3744_zpsmhn5hcai.jpg

IMG_3745_zpsdz1mfdp2.jpg

IMG_3750_zpsu88jgt1q.jpg

IMG_3748_zpsccwdhzfq.jpg

IMG_3749_zpsm79c4qch.jpg

IMG_3754_zpsjdkodubz.jpg

IMG_3753_zpsget4brke.jpg

IMG_3755_zpscnqzx9y6.jpg

IMG_3756_zpsyulrdws7.jpg

IMG_3757_zps9nlotdvo.jpg

IMG_3758_zpshgsobiaq.jpg

IMG_3761_zpsasb1aoon.jpg

IMG_3765_zpsjumhkz6h.jpg

IMG_3763_zpsdngvxd4e.jpg

IMG_3764_zpspkkcdrui.jpg

IMG_3767_zpsu5gteelq.jpg

IMG_3766_zpskp2te8lr.jpg

IMG_3768_zps7keczslw.jpg

IMG_3769_zpsewgeauhy.jpg

IMG_3771_zps3dj6cswi.jpg

IMG_3770_zpsljebxvbx.jpg

IMG_3773_zpskd4caytw.jpg

IMG_3775_zpsohz2agns.jpg

IMG_3774_zpsjhatvpyz.jpg

IMG_3776_zps0ymtahjg.jpg

Last edited:

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Good to see this again mate :thumb
One of my favourite places. This is one of those rare sites that barely seems to have changed since the first report, probably down to reports of shovel wielding owners!

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice set mate :thumb.

Thought I was never going to get out of that place when I went, as it kept going on and on and on!

Did you get to the medical room? That was the best bit for me and was still in very good condition a few years back.

Lavino

28DL Full Member
@ZerO81 i think we covered it all and didn't recognise the medical room from previous post so I either missed it or its been cleared out.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I've tried this place a few times with no luck. Still looking great in there! Great report.

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very photogenic place, I enjoyed it. I've been twice and encountered the lovely 'owner' both times. I know the medical room but there's not much left of how it was.

Derphouse

"fella"
28DL Full Member
Can't believe that teapot is still in the exact same position!

Looks very much the same - I imagine somewhat damper though- the medical room was in a bit of an odd downstairs corner down a very dark corridor if I remember correctly