real time web analytics
Report - - Thamesteel - Sheerness - April 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Thamesteel - Sheerness - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
This is a fantastic site and I would urge anyone to get there before it's gone. Easily the most intact industrial site I've seen since Pyestock and pretty vast at that. We spent a good few hours wondering the site and I would think I could go again for another good few hours and come away with a totally different set of pictures.

Thamesteel closed around 2012 after collapsing into administration. It was previously a foundry and rolling mill and had been established around 1972. Some of the site looks to have contained some of the original plant along with primitive, electro-mechanical control rooms but other areas looked more modern with closed circuit process monitoring tv and computers in the control rooms. There has been some talk about re-opening the site and, although the place looks like the workers have just downed tools and gone for a fag, I would have to say it looks just this side of too far gone to be economical to reinstate. In one area there had also been a huge roof collapse that looks to me to be very expensive to sort out.

IMGP6383%20copy_zpsosd6ulk4.jpg

IMGP6377%20copy_zpsv5wq2ree.jpg

IMGP6345%20copy_zpslzy350md.jpg

IMGP6343%20copy_zpsah0gvdjc.jpg

IMGP6327%20copy_zpspdzop4xq.jpg

IMGP6316%20copy_zpsdo9yzpnu.jpg

IMGP6302%20copy_zpslzdfj34r.jpg

IMGP6298%20copy_zpstnja5qvf.jpg

IMGP6293%20copy_zps0qgnez8s.jpg

IMGP6375%20copy_zpsfq6zx9ew.jpg

IMGP6331%20copy_zpswikljfzg.jpg

IMGP6366%20copy_zpswuvggil5.jpg

IMGP6347%20copy_zps8bmt67xh.jpg

Load more up on the web site

Last edited:

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That is amazing and so fascinating as well ,
Especially with all the machinery ,
Your shots are stunning :thumb

Reactions: Els

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Real nice, i've been putting this off for waaaay to long, should really got down there and take a look for myself.

rich_b1982

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Would love to see this but not having transport and the distance away probably means it won't happen. Great pics fella!

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
Aye, The Ghosts of Industry past ...:(

But always glad to see this place :D Good pics ! :thumb

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Good selection of shots,the place really is bloody massive and plenty to see :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely done mate :thumb

As you say it"s certainly an impressive place (UK) and a B@stard to try and light paint ;)

The area where the roof collapse happened is where i was stood taking pics 10 minutes before the gales i had that day brought the roof down. Sounded like a 500LB bomb going off . And had to stick the mask back on for the dust cloud. Secca never even walked down to see what had happened WTF?

It was that bad the Overhead crane gantries were moving with the wind so it"s no surprise something failed .