real time web analytics
Information - - The Asylum List - 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - The Asylum List - 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Nice any chance we could nab some pics for CA?

Sure thing - still unsure on putting up the photos from the active part that was open though! Some nice stained glass and original floor tiles in the main corridor as well as a large sculpture standing in the reception which I didn't shoot for fear of being told off by the nice lady behind the desk :gay

djsessions

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thought that St Crispins had been demolished over 10 years ago! I use to live right next door to it (more or less) when I was little kid, always was trying to get my parents to explore but it wasn't their cup of tea! Would love to go and finally see what remains, I'm sure it'd be very surreal... Might have to go for a lil trip down memory lane me thinks :))

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Thought that St Crispins had been demolished over 10 years ago! I use to live right next door to it (more or less) when I was little kid, always was trying to get my parents to explore but it wasn't their cup of tea! Would love to go and finally see what remains, I'm sure it'd be very surreal... Might have to go for a lil trip down memory lane me thinks :))

Its been in a half converted state for years now. Sadly everything that's left is pretty much stripped back to bare bricks so not much left that's interesting really.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Because the table thing is broken I can't put notes but previously did have 'heavily stripped/fire damage' - same applies to Rauceby & Denbigh really.

CJMooch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
'Asylum's' As far as I know do not exist anymore. I've lived in so called mental health wards while unwell or I say your I'll but I always felt ' on top '

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
'Asylum's' As far as I know do not exist anymore. I've lived in so called mental health wards while unwell or I say your I'll but I always felt ' on top '

They don’t but the buildings were part of the county asylum act which is what this list is based on.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
It had a psychiatric department, it held mental patients after rainhill closed too

It wasn't a dedicated County Asylum though. Many hospitals have and had mental health departments but it doesn't make every hospital an asylum.

samla89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It wasn't a dedicated County Asylum though. Many hospitals have and had mental health departments but it doesn't make every hospital an asylum.

Ah makes sense, never the less, a cool looking building!

samla89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know it wasn't an asylum, but is harperbury hospital still standing? If it is, is it worth going? Looking at some reports it looks like one amazing place

Who has read this thread (Total: 1124) View details