Web
Analytics
Report - - The Avoca, Northants - 31st May 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Avoca, Northants - 31st May 2020

Travelshareblog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Having seen this place over the years and looking at buying a car there years ago I always wanted to have a look around when it closed down as there were so many cars left behind.

Now the land is flattened and only the house and it's grounds remain, with some old cars, but not for long! The new busness park development will soon be under way.

So before that happens, time for a peek!

Entrance to the property from the main road is possible though not much easier with less traffic on the roads at this time. It wasnt easy to just walk in as you might say. Also a 4x4 pick up drove passed and the driver glared at me, then a few minutes later drove by again as if to let us know he was keeping an eye on us. However we didnt give up and there was a much easier and less obvious route to gain access without moving things to make it easier.

As we entered the property, myself first, I heard noises and within a matter of seconds convinced myself there was someone there, it turns out to have been my imagination and it was probably just a rat or bird moving around. I guess I will be getting used to this sort of thing!

Lighting was very poor and we took photographs of what we could as best we could. There are lots of documents regarding the vehicles within the business, debt letters, tools, and some tinned food, but also evidence that someone has either planted a container of Radox, or somehow managed to somehow have a wash of sorts.

Outside is a car/tool/mechanical graveyard. Washing machines, garage accessories, a pump action water gun and all sorts await. We counted 3 Jaguars, a Princess, an Opel of sorts, a couple of pick ups and an open back van. We propbably missed loads but we have spent a couple of hours there and light was fading.

After a bit of research we have possibly established that the owner passed away in 2008, and with no next of kin the house has sat. There is only very little evidence of anyone going in as there is only one or two graffiti tags and post still in the porch. There are weeds and brambles growing through where windows once shelted the inside of the property from the elements.

I took 263 photos here and got that down to 40 that are worth a post, but I feel that may be way too many for now so here are a handful of them.

I hope you like them!

Attachments

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
If this is the place I think it is there are loads more cars there all buried in the undergrowth but it's a pain in the arse to get around as it's so overgrown, especially at this time of year.

Travelshareblog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I have photos of them, just havent edited them yet as I too so many. Its a great place to have a look at if you have more time

Travelshareblog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There isn't that much to see outside apart from a dozen cars/trucks that are all rusty and overgrown by brambles. The whole site where cars were is flattened apart from the secure scrap yard at the bottom with new security camera and lights

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Oh & plenty have been in, did u notice the large holes in the 1st floor where the metal fairies have not only took the pipes but the supporting Ub’s have been removed!

Travelshareblog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, lots of floorboards removed. Judging by the graffiti I didn't think many had been in, perhaps just not graffiti artists. I'd be interested to see other report on this place, not sure what they would be listed as though

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
There isn't that much to see outside apart from a dozen cars/trucks that are all rusty and overgrown by brambles. The whole site where cars were is flattened apart from the secure scrap yard at the bottom with new security camera and lights
This property was a separate business from the one next door on the now flattened land, this was a private scrapyard/car breakers yard run by a guy called Arthur walled off from that area. Sad to hear it's being cleared now, I went a couple of times a couple of years back before it got 'out there' as such - might have to throw my photos of it online if it's not going to be around much longer.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
What the house was owned by Authur?
Yes it would be great to see your shots
Yes he lived on site in the house, and ran his car breaking business from there. I found old business cards inside one of the nearly collapsed sheds out back with his contact details on and the same address.

Travelshareblog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh wow! That's cool
We only found evidence of a Graham Warren living there, debt letters and vehicle documents

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Oh wow! That's cool
We only found evidence of a Graham Warren living there, debt letters and vehicle documents
It may have been the case, as I thought at the time, that Arthur had passed away and a relative had either carried on the business or at least stayed in the house for a while after that to wind things up or something.

Travelshareblog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Having seen this place over the years and looking at buying a car there years ago I always wanted to have a look around when it closed down as there were so many cars left behind.

Now the land is flattened and only the house and it's grounds remain, with some old cars, but not for long! The new busness park development will soon be under way.

So before that happens, time for a peek!

Entrance to the property from the main road is possible though not much easier with less traffic on the roads at this time. It wasnt easy to just walk in as you might say. Also a 4x4 pick up drove passed and the driver glared at me, then a few minutes later drove by again as if to let us know he was keeping an eye on us. However we didnt give up and there was a much easier and less obvious route to gain access without moving things to make it easier.

As we entered the property, myself first, I heard noises and within a matter of seconds convinced myself there was someone there, it turns out to have been my imagination and it was probably just a rat or bird moving around. I guess I will be getting used to this sort of thing!

Lighting was very poor and we took photographs of what we could as best we could. There are lots of documents regarding the vehicles within the business, debt letters, tools, and some tinned food, but also evidence that someone has either planted a container of Radox, or somehow managed to somehow have a wash of sorts.

Outside is a car/tool/mechanical graveyard. Washing machines, garage accessories, a pump action water gun and all sorts await. We counted 3 Jaguars, a Princess, an Opel of sorts, a couple of pick ups and an open back van. We propbably missed loads but we have spent a couple of hours there and light was fading.

After a bit of research we have possibly established that the owner passed away in 2008, and with no next of kin the house has sat. There is only very little evidence of anyone going in as there is only one or two graffiti tags and post still in the porch. There are weeds and brambles growing through where windows once shelted the inside of the property from the elements.

I took 263 photos here and got that down to 40 that are worth a post, but I feel that may be way too many for now so here are a handful of them.

I hope you like them!

View attachment 852670

View attachment 852669

View attachment 852677

View attachment 852679

View attachment 852682

View attachment 852678

View attachment 852676

View attachment 852665

View attachment 852666

View attachment 852664

View attachment 852680