real time web analytics
Report - - ‘The Beast of Stockport’ / ‘Deep Silt’, Stringers Tunnel, Stockport, March 2018 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ‘The Beast of Stockport’ / ‘Deep Silt’, Stringers Tunnel, Stockport, March 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Nice one mate. Deffo up there as one of the muckiest explores i've done! Good effort! Worked up at the weir all the summer before last, i know the area well. @Alley may recognise this as the enclosure to the other entrance to the tunnel, hidden behind the mill.

41230062191_b4a09e8a14_h.jpg
Is that you doing the ‘reverse birthing technique’ you mentioned elsewhere? Looks painful!

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Felt like it, mate. Was certainly a tight squeeze. I'd be up for a revisit to the other end. Love stockport. Never knew stringers used to be bricklined, mate. Shame its not no more.

Ferret

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry I missed this but considering I didn't get home until 8am there was no chance! Great shots, still not done this tunnel.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Sorry I missed this but considering I didn't get home until 8am there was no chance! Great shots, still not done this tunnel.

Thanks! Was good to meet you. 8am? Ha! Yeah I’d kinda had the benefit of a full night’s sleep by then so can totally understand. These days if it doesn’t happen before midnight then it doesn’t happen!

shadowman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report....

There's another entrance just off New Zealand road....
Through a gate and down steps to a large manhole

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Picture #7 is a shot from the base of that shaft. On an earlier visit, we heard someone chucking branches into the little compound it's sited in, banging on the lid/s

shadowman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Picture #7 is a shot from the base of that shaft. On an earlier visit, we heard someone chucking branches into the little compound it's sited in, banging on the lid/s

Thought that might be the base of it.... I've wandered in the Vernon Park end a few times BUT it was a tad boggy.... I considered some boards (like snow shoes)... But in the end decided to let some other brave soul explore it lol

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Fair logic :thumb

I wonder how the water levels and silting have changed with the high river levels over the past few months. Might warrant a quick check!

Who has read this thread (Total: 142) View details